Relation between deadline and plot size

• I am new here and started couple weeks before and trying to understand how burst works.
    In all the information in this forum and videos suggest to win a block; we need to have shorter deadline and bigger plots will give us shot dead lines.

When i compare the pools the below pool had a entry and who has shorter deadlines with small capacity.

Eugueny has only around 2TB but got better deadline than ccminer who has around 800TB.

How is it possible? could any one of the gurus help me to understand whats happening here.

alt text

• @natsaba It's not a direct relationship. Finding deadlines really is "finding".

You could have a 1MB plot size and still find a 10 second deadline. However, having 500TB plot size will increase your chances of finding a 10 second deadline to be much much higher.

Thus it can be said, in Burst mining, higher capacity equals higher "hash rate".

• @natsaba Welcome to Burst

In ninja pools, any where you see the "~" it means approximately.
    (Its a close as can be represented to the math symbol ≈)

The "~Capacity" column is very misleading, this is due to the fact that the current pool software cannot give an exact total for mining capacity, so what it actually represents is the capacity for a individual PC that reported the deadline for the miner, a miner may have one or more PC's mining for the same account.

The best analogy for explaining deadlines is a lottery, lets say you have a 1GB plot which is comparable to one lottery ticket. You do have a chance of winning but its slim. Now imagine you have 100TB = 100,000GB, which would be 100,000 lottery tickets, now your chances of winning are greatly improved, but still there is not guarantee that you will win, the same goes for deadlines. The larger your plot size the better your chances of finding the winning deadline.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please ask.

• @IncludeBeer @iKnow0 thanks for the reply. is finding a deadline random?
    or how the deadline is calculated/find by minners from my plot?

I have done 8TB plot across multiple drives and am getting below readings.
    is it normal or any issues in finding/reading deadline.

I got 80sec for 6TB/non optimized in G drive.is it normal?

alt text

• @natsaba said in Relation between deadline and plot size:

@IncludeBeer @iKnow0 thanks for the reply. is finding a deadline random?

It is based on a hash (a computational checksum) of your account id and a few other parameters, so yes its fairly random.

or how the deadline is calculated/find by minners from my plot?
    its based on the algorithm described in the diagram below

alt text

I have done 8TB plot across multiple drives and am getting below readings.

I got 80sec for 6TB/non optimized in G drive.is it normal?

Non optimized plots take much longer to read more that double an optimized plot in my experience.
    The reason being the hard drive head has to do more work in finding the data.

• @iKnow, Excellent explanation! I wish I had the patience to follow the flowchart :))

• @iKnow0 Thanks for the charts ,still i have lot of questions. First i will go through the white paper and come here with my questions. I am java developer and found the wallet is in java from github. Like to contribute for this project. Who is the best person to ask what is needed?

• @natsaba you can check the discord most of the Dev's hang out in there https://discord.gg/AeKugma

• @natsaba As @Gibsalot said, note the white paper was the inspiration for the project, the flowchart is the actual implementation.

• Is there any document where it explained step by step to non-programmers?

• @iKnow0 Just Logged In to give u a thumbs up, great explanation!

• @honesting Not that I know of. If you find one let me know 🙂

• @natsaba I think that provably the best person for you to ask about Java Development is @luxe 😉

• @Gibsalot @iKnow0 thanks, i will go there and check.

• Can anyone explain this?
    An account created 2 days ago and has already found 9 blocks and has the best deadlines in the pool with only 200GB.

Toooooooooooooo much luck, I think.

Something rare is here..... Do not you think?

1_1498302057443_2.jpg 2_1498302057443_3.jpg 1_1498302057443_2.jpg 0_1498302057442_1.jpg

• This miner is being discussed in another thread already :

https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/6390/has-pajeet-found-an-exploit-in-the-mining-system