General newbie mining questions

• Greetings.

(i've highlighted the specific questions for ease of read)

I finally got my 20 TB (1 tb plot done and mining on it while plotting the rest as we speak !) and now it's time to mine.

I already followed some tutorial here and there and i ended up setting up myself on a pool (ccminer if anyone wonders).

Now i have some general questions, since i come from gpu mining.

How long does it takes to get my first BURST out of my GB ? In gpu mining you can see that you're sending hashrate and you get paid by share or by % of the round or by last number of shares submitted.. now i know that BURST works differently but i wonder how can i tell if everything is up and running and how long should i expect to take to see my very first Burst mined in my wallet.

More so, are there pools that works better for small TB rigs, while i wait for more HDDs to arrive and be plotted ? I read that i should go on longest deadlines ones.. but the ones i saw.. well some don't get blocks at all and some gets a bloc every few days ! (and without knowing "if i'm actually mining" seems a risk to mine on those)

So, i throw a bunch of question, but really any help\tip would be very much appreciated.

• @Ther0byte said in General newbie mining questions:

Greetings.

(i've highlighted the specific questions for ease of read)

I finally got my 20 TB (1 tb plot done and mining on it while plotting the rest as we speak !) and now it's time to mine.

I already followed some tutorial here and there and i ended up setting up myself on a pool (ccminer if anyone wonders).
    Move to a pool for smaller miners, you will earn more.

Now i have some general questions, since i come from gpu mining.

How long does it takes to get my first BURST out of my GB ?
    It depends on a number of factors,
    1 Capacity
    2 Read speed
    3 Pool payout structure

How it works with Burst in general, it will vary from pool to pool.
    For each block miners submit their best deadline ( the lower the better) to their pool, the lowest deadline wins the block. Assuming a pool wins a block, The block reward+block fees = Total Burst earned for that block. Most pools split the (earnings - 1-2% pool fees) in 60% / 40% ratio between the Current Round Shares and Historic Round Shares.

Current Round shares are the Burst distribution of the 60% between all miners that submitted a qualifying deadline with the Winning miner getting the most.

Historic Round shares are the Burst distribution of the 40% between all miners that submitted an average qualifying deadline for the last 50 to 500 (depends on the pool) rounds.

From these payments a miner gets their Burst, most pools have a minimum payout once the miner has earned that much Burst or 24 hours have passed the pool sends the payment to the miner..

More so, are there pools that works better for small TB rigs, while i wait for more HDDs to arrive and be plotted ?
    Yes

I read that i should go on longest deadlines ones.. Correct
    but the ones i saw.. well some don't get blocks at all (incorrect, only last 10 days are shown)
    and some gets a bloc every few days ! (correct)
    (and without knowing "if i'm actually mining" seems a risk to mine on those) incorrect.

The blocks that are won by pools are proportional to the total capacity of each pool. Mining on a pool with a higher target deadline means you will have more confirmed deadlines which contributes directly to your historic share. On a pool with a low target deadline means the majority of a small miners deadlines will not qualify for the historic share.