new and need some help/advice.

• Hello all, im new to this scene and im sure theres lots of topics on my issus but i had no luck with anything. so I got my burst wallet up and running and synced and i downloaded gpu plotter because it was 2x faster then when i ran plotter from within burstwallet which used the cpu. I just finished 3tb it's my first plot ever on the e: drive. If I open the E: drive all there is is the plot file nothing else. now when I open burst wallet and go mine it doesn't show up under minable plots. the box is empty. it doesn't make sense as I spent 15 hours plotting and now its not showing up within the burst wallet mining app. if I go to %appdatat% and rune the minner from the burstwallet folder it seems to work but id rather run the miner from within the burstwallet app as on a test run when I created an 10 gig plot with my cpu it let me mine it and seemed to work good. any advice? sorry im really new haha. I am not sure what im doing wrong. I am mining solo at 127.0.0.1 and b125. I tried an experiment where I used gpu plotter to make a small 10gig plot. it wasn't reconized by burstwallet miner but then I copied and pasted it from the e: drive and pasted it into the burst wallet plot folder... but this took alot of time. I dont' get what im doing wrong, is there something im missing. when I use gpu plotter on an empty e: drive it only adds the plot file to it and nothing else however when I use the burstmwallet to write a plot on an empty drive e: it adds a bunch of other files and a folder called plot. is this my issue?

• admin

@kevmachine The plot file needs to be in e:\burst\plots - create the folders then move the plot file. The AIO wuill then recognize it.

• Thanks it seemed to work, if it's cool id like to ask a few more questions. so can you only plot a drive with 1 file? for instance I ploted all 3tb of my external drive but if i wanted to do say 1tb at a time, after the first one finished how do I start the next one? I hear people saying it will overlap unless you change some settings like the start nonces. does this imply to the burstwallet and gpu plotting methods? if i just use the burstcoin wallet plotter do I have to worry about this? thanks again! like when I started my plotting of my entire e drive the code looked like this in the config

gpuPlotGenerator generate buffer e:\6588432xxxxxxxxxxxx_0_11141120_2048

I understood 0 means the beginning of my plots? and 11141120 is the ammount of onces. so my next one ill change 0 to 11141121?

• admin

@kevmachine If the AIO it asks you how much you want to plot. You can specify 1TB, then plot again for another 1TB, it'll start the second one after the first one. The only time you need to worry about overlaps is if you're plotting on different machines, or mess with drive letters - otherwise it's fine.

2nd one change 0 to 11141120 - with the number of nonce = change 0 to 11141121 the first one is 0, the last one is change 0 to 11141119.

• cool thanks, could you look over some of my settings and let me know if they look good. Im currently just soloing and messing around until i get a better grasp of how it all works.

jminer.config alot of values are empty is this normal?

plotPaths=E:/,
    poolMining=false
    numericAccountId=6588432xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    poolServer=http://127.0.0.1:8125
    walletServer=http://localhost:8125
    winnerRetriesOnAsync=
    winnerRetryIntervalInMs=
    devPool=false
    devPoolCommitsPerRound=
    soloServer=http://127.0.0.1:8125
    passPhrase=

targetDeadline=
    platformId=0
    deviceId=0
    chunkPartNonces=320000
    refreshInterval=2000
    connectionTimeout=30000

also my miner burst, not sure what the difference is yet, is one cpu and other gpu?

settings are...

"Mode" : "solo",
    "Server" : "127.0.0.1",
    "Port" : 8125,

"UpdaterAddr" : "127.0.0.1",
    "UpdaterPort" : 8125,

"InfoAddr" : "127.0.0.1",
    "InfoPort" : 8125,

"EnableProxy" : false,
    "ProxyPort" : 8126,

"Paths":
    [
    "E:\Burst\plots"
    ],
    "CacheSize" : 40000,
    "ShowMsg" : false,
    "ShowUpdates" : false,

"Debug" : true,
    "UseHDDWakeUp" : false,

"SendBestOnly" : true,
    "TargetDeadline": 80000000,

"UseFastRcv" : false,
    "SendInterval" : 100,
    "UpdateInterval" : 950,

"UseLog" : false,
    "ShowWinner" : true,
    "UseBoost" : false,

"WinSizeX" : 76,
    "WinSizeY" : 60
    }

thanks for any help, I owe ya! and once I start mining how do I know if its actually mining lol, like will the screen keep adding lines of code or will it be a still image. thanks!

• admin

@kevmachine The settings look fine.

However, you posted your passphrase - that's the password to your account. I've deleted it from the post, but it's possible others have seen it, copied it. I'd advise you to create a new account ASAP, transfer any coins you have to the new account, and replot. Your existing account might be okay, but it's potentially very compromised.

• @haitch thanks very much! i did not realize that! dam, ok ill remember. for now im still learning so when I get serious I will change. thanks!