Getting started with Burst

• Hi everyone,

Firstly I apologise as I am sure this is a discussed topic but literally having signed up a few minutes ago, I am evidently not proficient enough with the forum to be able to find the topic from a previous post.

Secondly and most importantly, I would like to join the Burst community! I am a novice with Cryptocurrency and at this moment in time have no intention of getting into the mining game. I have purchased 15 Litecoins via Coinbase and that is the extend of what I know so far...

Please point me in the direction of a forum post with the following information or answer them for me. Many many MANY thanks in advance!

• Is there a wallet as there is with other cryptos? If so, where do I open one up?
    • Is there a high risk of getting scammed?
    • I would like to purchase $500 - 1,000 worth of burstcoins in 2 weeks time when I get paid and the idea is to forget about it for about 10 years... Is there a safe way to do this online or do I need to keep my device?
    • Where is a good place to buy burstcoins? I see there are several paypal related posts here but I worry it might not be safe? Not for any good technical reason I know, it just seems to easy compared to Coinbase's weird hoops one must jump through...
    • Is what I am trying to with just buying it and keeping it an idea worth taking action on? I literally only found out about burstcoins like 15 minutes ago and here I am asking on a forum. I tend to make un-calculated decisions sometimes...

AGAIN, many thanks!

D

• admin

@lahuretz said in Getting started with Burst:

Hi everyone,

Firstly I apologise as I am sure this is a discussed topic but literally having signed up a few minutes ago, I am evidently not proficient enough with the forum to be able to find the topic from a previous post.

Secondly and most importantly, I would like to join the Burst community! I am a novice with Cryptocurrency and at this moment in time have no intention of getting into the mining game. I have purchased 15 Litecoins via Coinbase and that is the extend of what I know so far...

Welcome to the community, make yourself at home. If you decide to mine, ask questions here - many helpful people here.

Please point me in the direction of a forum post with the following information or answer them for me. Many many MANY thanks in advance!

• Is there a wallet as there is with other cryptos? If so, where do I open one up?

Yes, you can either run a local wallet ( https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/1686/burstcoin-wallet-v1-2-8-all-platforms ) or use the online wallets: https://wallet.burst-team.us

• Is there a high risk of getting scammed?

Sticking to the coin itself, virtually zero risk. If you choose to invest in assets, there is some risk.

• I would like to purchase $500 - 1,000 worth of burstcoins in 2 weeks time when I get paid and the idea is to forget about it for about 10 years... Is there a safe way to do this online or do I need to keep my device?

Poloniex.com, bittrex.com or c-cex.com are the primary exchanges. With some discussion I can sell you that quantity via paypal.

• Where is a good place to buy burstcoins? I see there are several paypal related posts here but I worry it might not be safe? Not for any good technical reason I know, it just seems to easy compared to Coinbase's weird hoops one must jump through...

See above.

• Is what I am trying to with just buying it and keeping it an idea worth taking action on? I literally only found out about burstcoins like 15 minutes ago and here I am asking on a forum. I tend to make un-calculated decisions sometimes...

Yes, Burst is appreciating in a great way. It's currently worth 40x what is was earlier in my involvement.

• Wow thanks a lot haitch. Guess like you said, it is helpful on here!
    Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by "If you choose to invest in assets, there is some risk"

• admin

@lahuretz One of the unique features of Burst is the Asset Exchange. It's like the stock exchange - users can create assets based on some income stream, then sell shares in the asset. Most of the assets have reliably paid out, but some have turned out to be scams and the issuer has run off with investors funds.