Best way to plot

• Hey Guys...

I've been plotting few drives. 4 x 4TB two already done. I did plot them all at the same time with 2 vcpu each so thats probably why it took forever to plot them. Painfully slow!!! I think its over 4 days now probably more but it's very close to finishing one is 88% and the other one is 95%.

But now I will be plotting new incoming drives bunch of 8TB seagates and two 5TB seagates. Would you recommend splitting them on different computers plugged via USB 3? I prefer not to break them open for the actual HD since I don't have enough internal slots to plug them in on my other computers.

Also, it seems when I try to minetwo computers at the same time with different Drive letter but the same account only the first or last one I start the mining will show up on the pool history stats! I wonder if I should just split them up on different accounts but I'm not sure how to modify the plotted drive account to migrate to a new one.

Thanks

• @rmbuan said in Best way to plot:

But now I will be plotting new incoming drives bunch of 8TB seagates and two 5TB seagates. Would you recommend splitting them on different computers plugged via USB 3? Yes if possible, the more resources for plotting the quicker the plot.

Also, it seems when I try to mine two computers at the same time with different Drive letter but the same account only the first or last one I start the mining will show up on the pool history stats!

Thats normal, the one that will be displayed by the pool is the one that submitted the deadline. The pools cannot yet show the total miner capacity per miner, only per PC.

• @iKnow0

Thank you

• @rmbuan For the seagates I would recommend copying the plots from the 4TB drives to the 8TB drives. Since the SMR Seagates are painfully slow to plot. Also I would just give the plotting machine the most amount of CPU you can so that it plots single plots faster so that once it finishes you can start mining those finished plots right away instead of waiuting for all the drives to finish.