SMR Seagate drive 8 Tb problem

• Hello. I am also new in burstcoin comunity. I think that Burst will have brilliant future, even brighter than Bitcoin and this will happen because of the energy demands for mining Bitcoin.

Now my problem. Because of the price i purchase Seagate 8TB, SMR drive. I began to plott it but speed ot transfer for writing data was awful - about 5Mb/s. I tried to endure about 2 hours and than stopped the XPlotter. I noticed that the disk doesn't stopped to spin and making noise like it's writing data. I unpluged the usb 3.0 cable and all stopped. At that point i didn't make any attention on that.

I Plott another PMR drive and transfer all optimized plots to this new Seagate 8tb Drive. And when i begin to mining with Seagate drive i noticed something:

right after mining software reads the disk i hear one beeping noise from the disk. Its like BEEEEP. And thats it. After 20 sek. again BEEEP, after 20 sek. again BEEEP. This can go for 15 min. while mining software don't read the disk.Even after i reboot my PC and plug in the hard drive to USB3.0 it again begins to Beeps with exact same interval. No other programs for Burst are running. I deinstall the driver for Seagate, for Usb.3.0 - the result same on.

In other words - the drive is working i can transfer files, read files, mining software can read data, but when there is no any action to the disk it begins to BEEPS. It's very annoying.

I google what that could be and read that this could be the stuck head over the platter or head wants to go back to his park position after finishing reading or writing, but it can't.

In first case the disk will not run- am i right???

In second case - could this be the problem? The head of the drive can't park and thats why is beeping all the time at exact interval of time?

What can i do? Should i return the disk to the retailer? It's on guarantee- only on 1 week brand new.

THANKS folks in advance for your answers.

• @preslav1980 SMR drives are very slow to write to but have ok read speeds. Most uses plot to other drives the copy over to the SMR drives. But as its new, you could return it saying it Beeps, and get a non SMR drive as a replacement.

• @iKnow0 said in SMR Seagate drive 8 Tb problem:

@preslav1980 SMR drives are very slow to write to but have ok read speeds. Most uses plot to other drives the copy over to the SMR drives. But as its new, you could return it saying it Beeps, and get a non SMR drive as a replacement.

Yeah thanks but i still can't understand is there any problem with the drive because of that beeping or i should do something. If this Beep sound is prediction that something bad will happend i wanna know.

Anyone elses mind would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

• @preslav1980 You will need to lookup the manufacture website to determine what the "Beep" represents exactly, then go from there.