Xplotter uses more threads than available??

• @blago, I transferred a bat file template from an 8 thread computer to a 4 thread computer. I forgot to change the # of threads to 4 and started plotting on the 4 thread computer. I was using 1G of memory so when the file started the header said, 256 nonces/thread. When I discovered the error I changed the bat file to 4 threads and restarted it. Then the header said 512 nonces/thread.

So question is, is the plotfile section that was made with the 8 thread bat file only half filled with nonces? With the other 4 threads never being written to the drive or does the Xplotter program know how to deal with idiotic mistakes, like what i did?

• @rds said in Xplotter uses more threads than available??:

@blago, I transferred a bat file template from an 8 thread computer to a 4 thread computer. I forgot to change the # of threads to 4 and started plotting on the 4 thread computer. I was using 1G of memory so when the file started the header said, 256 nonces/thread. When I discovered the error I changed the bat file to 4 threads and restarted it. Then the header said 512 nonces/thread.

So question is, is the plotfile section that was made with the 8 thread bat file only half filled with nonces? With the other 4 threads never being written to the drive or does the Xplotter program know how to deal with idiotic mistakes, like what i did?

Bump

• admin

@rds No, it will be correctly filled - each core will have run one thread and then the other, so all 8 threads run, just slower.