New to mining question

• So i have been mining now for a few days, switching pools looking over things and reading forum pages.

Currently right now I have

I7-6700k @ 4 GhZ
    32 Gigs Ram
    931 GB plotted.
    980 Ti (not using to mine)

So far using just the CPU mining, and i have accumulated a total of .144 Burst coins.

I can see confirmed DL in the miner.

My question is do these numbers sound normal?
    I am currently using http://burst.lexitoshi.uk/# as my pool.

23:13:58 Thread "E:\Burst\plots" @ 1.6 sec (146.8 MB/s) CPU 62.03%

Does that seem fast? slow?

Would i benefit more for adding more HD? switching to jminer?

Just some general thought,
    Btw thank you for not calling me an idiot 🙂

AwpTimUs no longer games, he Mines!

• admin

@Jimmyg123 Don't jump around pools, you'll hurt your earnings.

More HDD = More chances of mining block, better deadlines, and better earnings.

• Hi @Jimmyg123. There's definitely a learning curve when getting started, so no one is going to think you are an idiot. Actually, if you got some space plotted and got onto a pool you are doing well!

Like @haitch said, there is really no substitute for hard drive space. The cheapest route would be to slap on external USB 3.0 drives as your budget allows. A little here, a little there; it adds up.

Be aware too that mining is all statistical and random. Over time you will generally earn a certain average amount for a rig of a certain size. But it rarely comes steadily. You might get little or nothing for days, then make up for it by finding a block or even two in a short time. I've learned to semi-ignore the round to round stuff and just look at the numbers after one (or two or three) days.