New to Burst.. Need help for best recommended configuration for Mining.

• Hi, am new to mining and request for best recommended hardware to mine burst coin.

1. The HDD capacity should be attached via a NAS ( network attached storage) HDD should be SATA or SAS
    2. RAID 0 for speed or RAID 6 ( for data security) is recommended.
    3. CPU/ GPU
    4. Memory

Looking at 500TB or more ...

• admin

@edge4u

1. DAS preferred - unless you're on 10Gb Ethernet or Fiber channel the network becomes your bottle neck.
    2. The miners are multi threaded, with a thread per drive - best performance is obtained by having individual drives.
    3. Test - see which works better for you, it's going to depend on the capabilities of your CPU vs GPU, and where your system bottleneck is.
    4. For plotting, the more the better, for mining, doesn't matter.

500TB rigs are doable, I'm working on one, feel free to discuss your design plans here.

• @haitch thank you. will keep you posted.

BYW : What is plotting?

The miners are multi threaded, with a thread per drive - best performance is obtained by having individual drives.

You mean to say that should 6TB or more individual drives?

However what happens in the event if the HDD crashes?

• admin

@edge4u said in New to Burst.. Need help for best recommended configuration for Mining.:

@haitch thank you. will keep you posted.

BYW : What is plotting?

Unlike GPU mining where the calculations are done on the fly, Burst uses pre-computed calculations that occupy your drives. These pre-computed values are then used to derive deadlines based on the precomputed value, difficulty and target value.

The miners are multi threaded, with a thread per drive - best performance is obtained by having individual drives.

You mean to say that should 6TB or more individual drives?

The miner I'm currently building has 24 x 8TB drives, and will be expanded with at least 45 more.

However what happens in the event if the HDD crashes?

Replace the drive, replot it, start mining it again.

• @haitch Thank you so much. Let me study more .. Very new to mining .. sorry would be asking dumb questions..

• admin

@edge4u No problem, we were all new to Burst once, and the concepts are very different from "traditional" GPU mining.

There are no dumb questions - well, almost none ..... 😉