Help Me build a Mining Rig

• Hello, I need some help in purchasing a burst mining rig. So far this is what I have planned out

Ten 8TB - $2000
    WD 8TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive

One 10-Port USB Hub - $36
    USB Hub

Other than that, what else should I purchase? I already have a hard drive with windows 10, so I can save some money there. I need to buy a case, motherboard, cpu, and gpu to plot. Are there any recommendations on what components to buy? Thank you for your help.

• @burstman123 I also already have a gaming computer with 16gb of ram, R9 290 graphics card and a amd ryzen 1600 six core CPU. I would prefer to build a seperate PC for mining.

• This post is deleted!

• admin

@burstman123

Don't use a 10 port hub, it will severely bottleneck you. It's recommended to have no more than 2-3 drives per hub. If your PC doesn't have sufficient USB3 ports, buy a USB3.0 PCIe card, but make sure it has a separate controller per port, and not just one controller for all the ports.

Case, Mobo and motherboard are your preference, CPU and GPU depend on if you want to CPU plot/mine or use the GPU instead. If CPU, you want a CPU with at least 10 threads - the more the better, it'll help in plotting. If you go the GPU route a mid range to high end AMD is my personal recommendation.