Wallet and Plotting Troubles

• I think I may be going crazy trying to get this to work. I have installed the wallet, uninstalled, and repeated multiple times with the same errors.

When I first open the wallet I get an error that follows:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Make sure You typed the name correctly, and then try again.

If I hit ok and ignore that error message, the wallet will show that I do not have JAVA installed (I do, I program in JAVA), and the online wallet never loads either.

When downloading the wallet, I assign it to download to a different drive other than C: and it still installs on my C drive.

My user account on my computer has a space character in it which I think is causing problems. It isnt Users\Mark, it is Users\Mark Jacobs (not my real name). When I try to plot a hard drive, the plotter cannot find the files because of this.

So all in all, I am stuck. Cant plot, cant get the online wallet to work, and when I do try to plot it gives an error that says my account is new or not activated (which it is).

Anyone else have similar problems?

• Which wallet are you using? Have you tried the Wallet v1.2.8

Check to see if it's your antivirus is removing the wallet program. Some throw false positives and, in my case, remove the wallet program from the PC.

I'm sure you already did, but ensure that your wallet has received burst. It also needs an outgoing transaction. So, you can change the name of your wallet or send out one Burst to another wallet (faucet).

If you program in Java, you're worth more than gold here. Welcome 🙂

• admin

@MtManDan Yeah, the space in your username is going to cause problems for now.

I'd download the standalone java wallet, note you need 64 bit java; a standalone plotter - either xplotter (cpu) or gpuplotgenerator (GPU)), and a miner - Blago (CPU) or jMiner (GPU) recommended. It's going to be more work than using the AIO, but you'll get a better understanding what's going on behind the scenes, and more granular control over how you plot/mine.

• @haitch Thank you for your response, I will look into those.