Slow plots reading

• Hi,

on my MB i have 2 USB 3.0 ports ( one usb controller on MB ). On each port is connected one seagate expansion 4TB usb 3.0 HDD
    But issue that i have is, that i have read speed of each drive 13Mb/s. So when i plug on drive is 13Mb/s and when two each drive has 13Mb/s so in total 26Mb/s. It takes +70s to read both drives. When i C/P something to each drive, write speed is about 100Mb/s, so usb 3.0 controller is working ok. Drives were ploted with CPU plotter, so they should be optimized.
    Operating sistem is windows 10 and in device managar i already chaned policy to "better performance" and there is no difference.
    Do you have any idea what is wrong with my sistem?
    How do you check if plot is optimized?

Regards,
    JH

• If the last two numbers on your plot are the same it's optimized.

As far as everything else, USB 3.0 external hard drives should be good for 70-80MB/s+ but it's hard to say what could be slowing it down.

• Thank you for reply.
    Now i can confirm, plots are optimized.

Regards,
    JH

• Hi,

so now i bought pci to 4xusb3.0 expansion card. Result is the same.
    It goes 13-15mb/s per drive. In case i have 4 drives in my pc i get 60Mb/s in total, but issue now is that it takes me 65-70s to read all drives. So bottleneck is drive itself. Drive is optimized and i can copy paste to drive with speeds up to 100Mb/s, only when mining is slow.
    Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?
    Would it help if i create partiton that splits drive into two 2tb drives?
    All help appreciated.

Regards,
    JH

• admin

@josephe What miner are you using? And what is your CPU utilization when mining?

• I am using miner implemented in "burst client for windows"
    When i start miner it shows:"BURST miner, v1.170603_AVX
    Programming: dcct (Linux) & Blago (Windows)
    CPU support: AES SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
    AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) 5350 APU with Radeon(tm) R3 [4 cores]"

CPU utilization in task manager at mining is about 35%. Miner itself takes about 30% and system 5% so in total ca.30-40 . Sistem has 6gb of ram.

HDD are external seagate expansion portable drive 4tb PN:1TEAPF-500

Regards,
    JH