Need help, i want to order server!!!!

• Dell emc isilon x200 intell xeon e5620
    48gb ram ddr3 rcc regiatered
    48 tb /(12x 4tb) sotrage seagate internal
    rack server

i need quic answer its 2200 euro does ti worth or not?

• If it comes with the storage thats not to bad. your paying about 45 euros a TB without the cost ofthe server added in. So if the storage comes with the server its might be OK.

• @manfromafar yeah it comes with server but tell me this CPU is it enough to plot or not?

• @altin.preniqi said in Need help, i want to order server!!!!:

Dell emc isilon x200

The CPU is enough to plot most cpus are but how long it will take is another matter.I wuoud expect 5K nonce a minute from it at least.

Can you link the actual server page?

• @manfromafar no its in one store in my country but it is really low 5k i think but how it work should i use raid or can i plot single disk

• Hi mate,

I will have a similar setup with a Dell NX3200 I will most likely put 3 drives in raid0 so that I have 4 Raids of 12TB
    potentially I will also have the OS on seperate drives, I believe it had 2x 300gb sas for operating system.

From my reading the bigger the plots the better, but I don't want to plot more than 12TB due to the time it would take to replot if the raid goes down with one or more drives.

I will put the different raids up as Iscsi targets so that my other workers can plot the seperate raids even if the CPU in the NX3200 is busy plotting. I will also have 10Gb fiber on it so that it handles the incomming bandwith when plotting from another worker.

I am currently plotting 4 x 4Bay Qnaps with 12TB Each (have put 2 and 2 drives in Raid0 there). Have not yet been able to start mining with them as the plotting takes a few days.

• And for the price I would say that is cheap, it is used right ? I believe you can expand it with a couple of USB3 Pci cards to run some additional external drives as well, remember to buy cards that have individual controllers per port so you can use hubs and have 5Gb/s per port instead of 5Gb/s over all ports.
    Is it single or dual processor by the way ?

The only thing with such solutions is that they are damn noisy compared to a normal desktop computer. so you better have a good place to put it.

• @Thedude it is not used it is bran new and it has only one cpu and it looks very nice to me but i dont know if the plots goodes fast or not if it goes like 30k nonces is okey but if goes like 5k nonces i dont like this the HDD is new too its seagate constellation es.3 st4000nm0033 4tb 7200 rmp 128 mb cache sata 6.0gb/s 3.5" enterprise internal hard drive bare bare drive.

@Thedude it is not used it is bran new and it has only one cpu and it looks very nice to me but i dont know if the plots goodes fast or not if it goes like 30k nonces is okey but if goes like 5k nonces i dont like this the HDD is new too its seagate constellation es.3 st4000nm0033 4tb 7200 rmp 128 mb cache sata 6.0gb/s 3.5" enterprise internal hard drive bare bare drive.

the E5620 processors were made back in 2010... this is NOT a new product, unless its been sitting on a shelf for the past 7 years someone is selling you a USED product that may appear to be new, I would not trust this, and I would not expect much performance from that CPU, its old, its outdated, I think the earlier estimates for maybe 5000 nonces a minute is a good guess, it won't be much...

• @Darkbane well it is only 3k nonce but how about if i update the cpu x5675 what could i exept from this more nonce per min?

and i have very important question right now i m mining to pc and the speed of disk is 33.3 Mb/s and my friend got one better pc its 100Mb/s what is the profit of this speed? does it help on deadline or not? if you could explain me this things i will appriciate.

• @Thedude did u start ploting? my plot goes 3k but i m thinking to upgrate cpu x5675 what could i exept from this?
    and i have very important question right now i m mining to pc and the speed of disk is 33.3 Mb/s and my friend got one better pc its 100Mb/s what is the profit of this speed? does it help on deadline or not? if you could explain me this things i will appriciate.

@Thedude did u start ploting? my plot goes 3k but i m thinking to upgrate cpu x5675 what could i exept from this?

blocktime is ~4 minutes, many blocks are faster than that.
    So you want to have your miner finished reading in 60 - 120 seconds to not lose out to faster miners.

Explanation: If the block finishes because someone sent in a 90 sec deadline, and you would have found your 10 sec deadline at the end of scanning after 3 minutes, you will most likely not get that block.

a little more exact: You would get that block if

• your miner would finish reading plots although a new block is on the network (mjminer does that),
    • AND a consecutive block has not yet been broadcast.

The best/longest blockchain wins. Most miners out there skip that "finish mining old round nonetheless" because this may very well hinder I/O. If 3 consecutive fast blocks accumulate, your harddisk(s) would have a hard time deliver this near random I/O at speed. Conclusion: optimize your plots. That means the last and second-to-last field in the filename (id_start_length_stagger) are identical (length==stagger).

33 MB/s is either

• a disk connected via USB2
    • very slow CPU
    • non-optimized plot

send in:

• filenames of your plotfiles
    • the CPU you are mining with
    • type of connection HDD - Host

@Darkbane well it is only 3k nonce but how about if i update the cpu x5675 what could i exept from this more nonce per min?

I would not buy a new CPU for this motherboard, you are not going to see any significant speed increases, its just old technology and its performance is limited, you also must consider, you will not need to make plots after you are done making them, so this will be a one-time task for each hard drive...

someone else already explained the role of speed above... but please stop buying hardware until you understand how this works, right now I feel you are trying to make quick money, and this is NOT quick money, this will be a long slow process and there is no guarantee, so do not spend money you can not afford to lose...

• This post is deleted!

• @Darkbane hey thank you for you explanation, to be honest i m not trying make fast money im trying to make fast burst i kind of like this way to mine and yeah i think it will go slowly but lets hope for the best all i want to understand is this explanation he made for me thanks a lot guys

• @altin-preniqi my NX3200 has one E5 2609 4 core without HT, the plot speed of it is at ~4-5k nonce. I have ordered 2 new 2680 8 core cpu's cheap on ebay that will improve the plotting significantly.
    My readspeed per drive is about 180MB/s the read speed does not have much to say unless you are finding a very low DL as you might submit too late. but normally you should read the drives within 30 sec even with 30MB/s

• @Thedude so did u start mining with ur isilion? and does it worth?

• @vaxman seagate constellation es.3 st4000nm0033 4tb 7200 rmp 128 mb cache sata 6.0gb/s 3.5" enterprise internal hard drive bare bare drive. i just made a test and i did plot only 25 gb i did upgrate my cpu x5675 and the nonce is going well its like 12k per min but the speed is still 30mb/s with 2 physical cpu this speed i think its very low can u suggest me something?

• @altin.preniqi I suspect 30MB/s is the speed of one core while mining.
    Easy to test:
    Divide the plots on this drive into two separate folders.
    Have the Miner software mine them concurrently (1 thread each).
    If your disk i/o on this disk doubles, the 30 MB/s are the throughput of one core mining.
    The X5675 is quite old and has no AVX2, and 30 MB/s could very well be the max attainable mining bandwith per core.

• @vaxman well the total of speed goes 463/ mbs the reading average is 24 second for 43 tb is this okey?