Plotting is a Pain!

• I know theres cpu and gpu plotters. The CPU ones take me 13 days to plot 12 terabytes the GPU one freezes the screen.
    What I'd like is a plotter that uses CPU but assisted by GPU so it gets faster but doesn't freeze the GUI.

• Have you tried xplotter? You can find it on this forum. It is slow but you can also start mining with jminer while it is plotting. Just don't use all your CPU threads when you are plotting.

Maybe not any faster, but at least you can mine while you plot.

Good luck!

• i'm using it now it takes 13 days and nights to plot 12TB is why i posted this thread :)

• I understand your pain. I'm going through the same as I write.

Hang in there.

• @ZapbuzZ said in Plotting is a Pain!:

I know theres cpu and gpu plotters. The CPU ones take me 13 days to plot 12 terabytes the GPU one freezes the screen.
    What I'd like is a plotter that uses CPU but assisted by GPU so it gets faster but doesn't freeze the GUI.

I use a 12 core R410 server for CPU plotting. ~9,500 nonce per minute over my 1Gbps network, I don't know how many nonces per minute you would get if plugged in to the SATA ports. If you want a server let me know, I ship to 48 states. It's about $155 for 2x Xeon 6 cores @ 2.66GHz, Turbo 3.06 GHz. And 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, and 1x 3.5 Tray. + Shipping, I will also make custom listings, all sales go through ebay. $15.50 to add 8 more GB of RAM.

• @ZapbuzZ i feel you as im still plotting right now, 2.5 - 3TB per day. and there is a time when i get home my pc restarted and who knows why lol but im glad xplotter can resume plotting. planning to buy a couple of AMD GPU to plot faster.

• i discovered turboplotter9000 and posted a link in apps section i think its a boon for my hardware level. Quite simply, the gpu plotting program isn't as fast as the other gpu plotter but it doesn't overly stress the hardware. Also doesn't make gpu apps crash like gpuplotter does