Mining Speed vs Size

• Someone have tested different size/speed solutions? Let me explain.. is it better to have 1pb reading in 40sec or 0,5pb reading in 15sec. Maybe It will be usefull to have a graph for better size/speed ratio.
    2tb of SSD (yeah I know.. is expensive) is better than 4tb normal hdd? How speed increase your block finding?

• admin

@agente Speed is important, but capacity trumps speed.

• @haitch said in Mining Speed vs Size:

I understand this but... how much? I just try to find usuefull equation. 6tb 15sec farm = Xtb 30sec farm. X=?
    I think it will be usefull for farm building. 15sec farm have a price... 30/60/120sec farm other.

• admin

@agente said in Mining Speed vs Size:

@haitch said in Mining Speed vs Size:

I understand this but... how much? I just try to find usuefull equation. 6tb 15sec farm = Xtb 30sec farm. X=?
    I think it will be usefull for farm building. 15sec farm have a price... 30/60/120sec farm other.

My plots up to a 190 TB mine at the same speed < 35 seconds. how is your farm constructed ?

• @haitch said in Mining Speed vs Size:

@agente said in Mining Speed vs Size:

@haitch said in Mining Speed vs Size:

My plots up to a 190 TB mine at the same speed < 35 seconds. how is your farm constructed ?

I have 300tb now and Im testing different solutions. Best speed config is 3 drives per USB controller and give me 15/16sec speed.
    Of course if I put more drives per USB controller speed goes down but I can have more drives per server.
    BTW the question is .. how much is X?

• admin

@agente X = The point when your mining time decreases, and whether it is low enough for you to reconsider distributing capacity

• @haitch
    3 drives per controller: 15/20sec reading time
    7 drives per controller: 35 sec

Of course with 7 drives I will have more density so if the difference in earnings will be less than 5% I think is better to intensify drives per controller. So .. my question is: 5%? 10%? 20%?

• admin

@agente my big miner does 35 seconds/round, so it would be acceptable to me, but the faster the mining time, the lower the chance of missing a round you could have won - the threshold call is yours.

• @agente said in Mining Speed vs Size:

@haitch
    3 drives per controller: 15/20sec reading time
    7 drives per controller: 35 sec

Of course with 7 drives I will have more density so if the difference in earnings will be less than 5% I think is better to intensify drives per controller. So .. my question is: 5%? 10%? 20%?

I guess the only way to answer this is to find out what percentage of blocks take "x" seconds to finish on average... the only chart I saw that seems to pull this data together is below...

http://burstcoin.biz/charts/average-block-generation-time

unfortunately it doesn't seem to break down the <60 second blocks into a further detailed amount... so I'm ultimately not sure what percent of blocks finish in 15 seconds or 30 seconds... until someone breaks down that data, we won't know...