Botnet BURST-S4YX-8YW7-9AXF-9XSG6

• Botnet BURST-S4YX-8YW7-9AXF-9XSG6 mine today over 10% of daily blocks.

• Somebody told me when he wasnt mining my pool would get hit lol But bot is a bot would make sense to knock poos down for more burst.

• @datenrettung Our Indian friend is making a mockery of burst.

Surely something can be done to shut his operation down? I know discussed infinite times, but there must be a way.

Nuclear option ...anyone?

• @Baron said in Botnet BURST-S4YX-8YW7-9AXF-9XSG6:

Nuclear option ...anyone?

4chan? They found a terror camp...it got nuked, lol

• @Daforce I have an idea.

What about blocking his Burst wallet account. Then redistributing all of his ill gotten gain coins to the community?

We need to write into the system a blocking programme to stop abuse such as this. If he starts another botnet we block that account too.

The leading devs would be in charge of blocking but there would have to be discussion first with community before any prior action is taken.

Burstcoin needs an all-seeing security option to oversee such abuses.

This can be done. I know it can.

• @Baron I honestely don't like the idea... What about if someone started mining today with 4Pb legitelly? That means that someone could block his account from mining... That brings insecurity to Burst and so my vote would be a big NO to that suggestion... I don't really think that nothing can be done in the blockchain to prevent this, except maybe pools can get protected to not accept DLs to the same account from a big number of PC's but that could also be surpassed with the proxy function of Blago miner by putting all the PCs submitting to one of them that would work as a proxy and then submit to the pool, so no big point in acomplish this too... But it also doesn't worth to be mining in a pool with this kind of capacity ;D

• @gpedro you can tell if someone is legit or using 15k botnet.

What about blocking his Burst wallet account.

If this will ever be implemented, I will leave BURST. Crypto is the cure to the Bank$ter cancer if you want to have your money in a system, where a small group of people can decide who's in and who's out you should stay with FIAT.
    I think 4chan would be the better solution :D

• @Baron Someone could be using 15k PCs legitelly, do you realize that, right? that miner is only a botnet because it seems that the owners of the PCs didn't consented to use their hardware and someone is profiting from it... If every PC had said they didn't mind use their HW for the benefit of the network or for their own profit (kind of a new kind of pool) that would be legit mining and better tech for the network...
    It would turn the network much much more decentralized?! Actually, I think that if projects like these start happening, botnets will not be an issue because people will be informed of what they are using they hardware for, and it would promote burst mining, and thereby Burst coin and its usage?!

• @Baron What you propose does not exist in any currency, would go against what is a decentralized currency and besides that if that would be a risk, anyone who made that option could empty all accounts.
    I do not know how to say this without giving more ideas but well, you have to differentiate 2 parts of what is happening, what is doing with mining is not illegal, imagine that all users of this forum we agreed to mine together, Would it be illegal ?? No, what is illegal is hacking computers but that is independent of BURST.

You talk about this as if it were a burst thing and it happens in all the currencies, it happens in btc and you do not know about the size of the network.
    This is like when someone complains about what it takes to download the DB, someone has installed a bitcoin purse on their PC ??? That if it is late

• The curry [email protected]#% guy is hitting blocks like crazy... I guess having a limit number of IPs mining from one account would be a first approach to this problem...

• @vExact This seems to be the only reasonably idea i have seen so far....

• @rattle99 at least it will give us all some time while a better and more elegant solution is found an implemented.

• I think we are forgetting a very important section of the crypto coins, the anonymity, I do not think the ips are linked to the accounts in the blockchain.
    That could do the pool but as this mining alone would not be worth anything

• I eat my hat. You are all right this goes against decentralised crypto theory.

I guess I was looking at it from the point of view of a bb forum owner where if you get a troll causing mayhem you block the IP or multiple IPs.

Do carry on with the convo, just discount my post.

• @vExact
    @Energy said in Botnet BURST-S4YX-8YW7-9AXF-9XSG6:

I think we are forgetting a very important section of the crypto coins, the anonymity, I do not think the ips are linked to the accounts in the blockchain.
    That could do the pool but as this mining alone would not be worth anything

This was what I said a couple of posts above... That is only possible to do on the pools, otherwise the blockchain would need to track IPs

• I guess we could notify a white hat hacker....

Man....I can't think of anything else!!

• @Baron yeah... I don't really think it's something we can't block, because from BURST perspective, if you are using HDDs to mine, you are mining legitely... Although, on ethical and country laws, it can be or not legit?!

@Daforce I have an idea.

What about blocking his Burst wallet account. Then redistributing all of his ill gotten gain coins to the community?

We need to write into the system a blocking programme to stop abuse such as this. If he starts another botnet we block that account too.

The leading devs would be in charge of blocking but there would have to be discussion first with community before any prior action is taken.

Burstcoin needs an all-seeing security option to oversee such abuses.

This can be done. I know it can.

I vote for you to be on the next kangaroo court. You're mentality of innocent until proven guilty, headline evidence makes you perfect for the job.

• @rds How much more evidence do you need? I think people like you are masochists, even though the evidence is stacked up you still defend the thief....he is screwing Burstcoin over by mining 20% of the blocks but you still defend that Indian POS.

You deserve everything you get...especially if you think I'm the enemy here..