Going to Burst Nation to use wallets

• Hi Guys. I've seen for weeks posts about problems with wallets (although haven't read through them really). My wallet finally crapped out a couple of days ago and have been unable to get a wallet working from this site.

https://www.burst-team.us/index.php/wallets/

Not an online wallet, not a local wallet. Mind you, I've been using BURST for 8 months so it's not like it's foreign to me. Isn't this a HUGE problem? Isn't this a big red flag? A new person coming here should easily be able to get a wallet and start mining, buying BURST, sending BURST, etc. Isn't that the point... to get more people involved EASILY and using BURST?

Not to call anyone out... but does anyone help @daWallet with the wallets? Are working wallets going to be put up (maybe I missed the discussion)? This is like someone having an eCommerce website and having a problem with payment/checkout and no one doing anything about it.

• @burst1 true online wallets have had some problems lately, but I have been using my local wallet without problems. Agree is not good neither a good impresion if online wallets are down most of the time :(

• @vExact said in Going to Burst Nation to use wallets:

@burst1 true online wallets have had some problems lately, but I have been using my local wallet without problems. Agree is not good neither a good impresion if online wallets are down most of the time :(

I had been using the local wallet from this site...until it crapped out. I'm on day three on trying to simply use a wallet from this site. I don't particularly like online wallets, especially those associated with BN.. but at this point I have no other choice.

• @burst1 do you then have problems with the db? I am right now using my local wallet with the AIO client without problem.

@burst1 do you then have problems with the db? I am right now using my local wallet with the AIO client without problem.

Local wallet stopped working. No online wallets are working from here. I tried doing a database clean up... wallet freezes, stalls, blockchain does not fully sync. Tried deleting everything re-dowloading the wallet... all kinds of virus warning, error messages. Block chain again doesn't fully sync... online side still not working. I'm on day 3 now.

• I had the same problem when my antivirus was preventing me from running the client, but the last version was not giving any alarm, nor from virustotal.
    Perhaps try downloading the db zip from here and place it on the burst_db forlder and see if the wallet gets synced this time.
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/6340/burst-blockchain-download-updated-weekly

• @burst1 I use the @daWaIlet AIO without problem but you can also use the @Lexicon

• I was using the AIO wallet from here... 'til it crapped out.

Thanks for the info. But again... my original point applies.. a new person should be able to to go https://www.burst-team.us/index.php/wallets/ and find a wallet that easily works.

I'm not a big computer guy... and frankly don't like downloading stuff on all kinds sites ... I want to go to a site I trust, download a wallet easily and start using it... the end.

• @burst1 You're right, the link should be changed. Maybe it could redirect to a page that is easily understandable for new users and reflects wallets that are only online.

I had the same problem when my antivirus was preventing me from running the client, but the last version was not giving any alarm, nor from virustotal.
    Perhaps try downloading the db zip from here and place it on the burst_db forlder and see if the wallet gets synced this time.
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/6340/burst-blockchain-download-updated-weekly

Ok...I did this I think. Unzipped the download and it created a new burst_db folder. What do I do now?

• @burst1 you can now run your local wallet and let it sync.

@burst1 you can now run your local wallet and let it sync.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as this other guy, I stopped using my local wallet entirely because every other day it would be corrupt again and not work, and then I would have to copy over the blockchain and hope it sync's up, many times it wouldn't and just pause near the end, or where I suspect a fork in the block happened and the data it was grabbing from one source did not match the other, so it just pooped... but thats just my working theory as nobody else is able to explain it away...

I think this is the frustration new folks are having, things that "well it works for me without issues" and we can't get any answers that actually help, we just try in vain the same things over and over and every time it keeps happening, which tells me either we're using it wrong, which means there is a clear disconnect in what an experienced person knows to do or not to do, or there is an unknown bug and we're simply finding it and not able to express or show it... it just happens, and everyone tells us its working fine for them...

I've literally stopped using the wallets completely at this point, no clue how I plan to ever move any coins around at some point in the future, but for now, I just don't want the frustration of deleting the database, downloading a new one, and then hoping it sync's up this time only to come back and have to delete it or wait days for nothing...

• @Darkbane it seems the db gets easily corrupted for whatever reason. I always try to help as much a I can and provide it always with facts based on my own experience. If something is working for me I don't have any reason to say the contrary :) I understand though your point. When my antivirus wasn't allowing me to install the client I had to go via the run.bat file and accessing the local wallet via browser. I also guess in my case I have been lucky perhaps as my db only got corrupted only once since I am on Burst...

• btw the online wallets are working fine now.

run.bat file and accessing the local wallet via browser.

I run the wallet using the run.bat and browser too.

@burst1 you can now run your local wallet and let it sync.

Didn't work fyi. Decided to restarted computer ... entire BURST wallet gone from computer. Re-download BURST wallet (for about the 10th time)... tried to unzip the direct database again...local wallet still not working. Trying to clean db again... will be going into the 4th day of trying to do this. Anyone want to bet it stalls out/freezes at 88% yet again?

I did get on through the online wallet... finally. This has been going on for weeks?! How is anyone new to BURST doing this? I responded to a guy a several days ago that quit because it was too complicated to download wallet, etc. I thought he was exaggerating... he was right.

Sorry guys, but this is a HUGE problem. It's driving new people away from BURST.

@haitch and @daWaIlet .... respectfully can anything be done about this?

• admin

@socalguy said in Going to Burst Nation to use wallets:

@burst1 You're right, the link should be changed. Maybe it could redirect to a page that is easily understandable for new users and reflects wallets that are only online.

Yes, maybe it is time to link from burst-team.us/wallets/ to burstwallet.io

@burst1 try Lex's wallet instead. Being stuck at 88% sounds like a peering problem from far away...

• @daWallet said in Going to Burst Nation to use wallets:

@socalguy said in Going to Burst Nation to use wallets:

@burst1 You're right, the link should be changed. Maybe it could redirect to a page that is easily understandable for new users and reflects wallets that are only online.

Yes, maybe it is time to link from burst-team.us/wallets/ to burstwallet.io

@burst1 try Lex's wallet instead. Being stuck at 88% sounds like a peering problem from far away...

Thanks @daWallet.

I look at BURST more from a "consumer" point of view I guess... I'm definitely one of the least tech savvy, computer people on here. Also from the standpoint of owning a business... but anything that can be done to keep wallets simple and reliable for new users would be tremendous imo.

• UPDATE:

As predicted db sync stopped around 88%... wallet freezing, not responding as well. Online portion of wallet also not working (again). I'm DONE with this. When reliable/easy to use wallets (local and online) get loaded to this site can someone make a post?

I've been here for about 9 months and interest in BURST has never been higher... yet things like this have never been worse. I'm not sure why, it didn't use to be like this? It's hurting the new user experience and hurting the coin imo.

Again, not bashing anyone just giving feedback and expressing an opinion.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.