Need suggestion how to manage the plot file.

• Helo,

I'm newbie here and planning serious to burst mining.
    Today, all my equipment are ready to start.
    I have 17 Seagate Backup-Plus x 8 TB each and all already plug in to USB, 1 GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 8 GB and 8 GB RAM.
    Before I start, can seniors here give me advice ?

Q1. If I have each HDD 8 TB, How much is the best size for each plot file ? Which give the best result if I make 1 file size 7.8TB or 10 plot each around 780 GB for each HDD ?
    For plot 1 HDD with 8TB size I need around 16 hours, is it normal ?

Q2. After I'm done plotter first HDD, then start for 2nd HDD shoud I reset the nonce or continue the last number ? ( at first HDD )

Q3. Trying Optimized 780 GB file plot using "Burst Plot Omtimizer GUI 1.03" No estimated time remaining appears, till now already running for 4 hours. How much the normal time to optimized 780 GB file ?

Q4. For total 136 TB which is better ? To be a solo miner or join to the pool ? If pool, which pool is recommended ?

I'm appreciated for any reply here.

Thank you,
    ferry
    -Burst Newbie-

• I'm sure those 8TB Seagates are SMR it will take forever to plot those. The suggested route is to get bunch of PMR daisy chain them and then plot on that and once done drop it to the SMR.. so on and so forth for the whole stack.

The SN will be determined by the drive letter if you are on Windows. Do not plot on same drive letter you will end up with duplicates on multiple machines.

Are you going to run direct on the GPUPlotter? I think direct will plot it optimized is it? Not sure maybe someone knows this since I dont do GPU plotting at all.

With 136 TB i would solo for sure that is big enough. But if you want regular pay schedule then pool is better. There are some pools that only take minimum big size plotted drives, join those instead.

• Hi Rmbuan,

Thanks for reply.
    But I'm still confused till now.
    What is PMR daisy chain ? Can you give me more clue?
    My optimized for 780 GB still run till now and none estimate time appears.

I still need someone answer my Q1.
    Q1. If I have each HDD 8 TB, How much is the best size for each plot file ? Which give the best result if I make 1 file size 7.8TB or 10 plot each around 780 GB for each HDD ?
    For plot 1 HDD with 8TB size I need around 16 hours, is it normal ?

Thank you,
    ferry

• admin

@ferryfh In my experience a single file is better, much more efficient to mine. If it's taking you 18 hours to plot the 8TB drives, either you don't have SMR drives, or are not plotting optimal files.

• Exactly what haitch said go with the optimized big plot file. You did say Seagates 8TB, they are SMR's it will take you more than 18hr even with a nice graphics card if its direct/optimized. Maybe you tried plotting un-optimized. For example, I can only manage to do 7k nounces on my i7 PC its normally doing 10k on other drives connected directly but it think the SMR making it way slower. I started Wednesday last week and it is still plotting at 68% now, thats with multiple reboots/updates and times where I check the PC and it wasn't plotting for awhile due to those reboots. Maybe you have multiple computers with i7's just run them all up at once and two weeks from now you have everything plotted assuming you change the drive letters for all of them on those PC's.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.