Burst Price down?

• I went to the burst calculator site and it said that the value of the burst has dropped by half...
    It used to be valued at 1k burst for 19.something now it is valued at 9.something...10 dollars less? is getting into burst mining from a stand point of having no job and having to save up to buy HDD worth it with such value?

• Better buy the coin direct, mining is more long term.

• lots of speculation on the future of BTC has strongly affected future speculations for Burst.

• admin

@aventurar I was investing in hardware when Burst was 1/20th the price it is now, so based on price alone definitely worth it. However difficulty is also way up, negating to some extent the price increase. So still worth investing in hardware, I think so, but you need to decide for yourself.

• @aventurar said in Burst Price down?:

I went to the burst calculator site and it said that the value of the burst has dropped by half...
    It used to be valued at 1k burst for 19.something now it is valued at 9.something...10 dollars less? is getting into burst mining from a stand point of having no job and having to save up to buy HDD worth it with such value?

if you have no income, you should not be spending your money on this as a solution to generating income, this is a VERY risky gamble for what might amount to no return... this is not quick easy money nor is it guaranteed in any fashion, if you can't sustain losing every penny you spend, please do not spend any money on this...

if you have existing HDD's you're not using, go ahead and use them, but please don't spend money on this trying to generate income, thats a bad bet at this time...

• @aventurar It all depends on the timeframe. If.. you have started 1-2 years ago every burst you made/mined/bought would have made you like a couple of 100% even at current Price as it was like 70 Satoshis for a Long time with noone interested in in (well, a few were..), not its 450 Satoshis.

If you look at the Price 2 weeks ago it was 900, so buying at that Point would have given you a 50% loss IF you Need/want to sell know. All about time Frame.

Id agree at on above given hints from haitch and darkbane- only spent what you can afford to lose with a laugh, esp. when your low on Money/income. this is a high risk game and no get rich way quick (well for some it is, but not for the mice out there!

Then again to Quote the famous Andre Kostolany:

"Never run after a bus or a stock. Just be patient - the next one will come along for sure."

Id even more like this one, but havent found a link just from a book I read years ago:

If you already have much - you are not allowed to speculate.
    If you have a little, you can.
    If you have nothing - you have to.

• Investing into hardware and hdd's is a better option. I can do a lot with a hard drive. Yet paying for food and water is always better choice. :)

• Categorically NO. If you have no disposable income to invest, stay away.

• is getting into burst mining from a stand point of having no job and having to save up to buy HDD worth it with such value?

Get a fixed income/job first, put all your efforts into that and work your ass off to achieve it to feed yourself, wife and Kids etc. Assuming youre quite a younger one..

THEN, if you got Money saved to spend/invest you can think about how do dabble it around, but not the other way around.

Youd buy lets say 5TB harddisk for 250$ whatever, will give you a Revenue of some 10 bucks a month ! currently and not even thats guaranteed for various reasons. Youd Have to invest some serious time also to get yourself into how everything is done. And there is much more youd dont even know about...

Put a 100% of your efforts first to create yourself a steady income - THEN think about what youd do/invest with the Money not the other way round.. theres no free lunch out there.