I am sad..bad day..

• I ran out of drives to plot. time to start cloud mining?

• @darindarin i have a few ideas ;-)

• @darindarin said in I am sad..bad day..:

I ran out of drives to plot. time to start cloud mining?

Talk to Pajeet/Google. He can line you up with a whole fleet of remote drives. While your talking to him, tell him the rest of us think he's an asshole.

• 0_1499549408690_ae81b743-9ea7-4ab1-a70c-2014ac811163-image.png

he is among us.

• 0_1499549743210_whyu take.PNG

I make fun but inside I'm crying...

• @darindarin I'm sad too.

• Im also sad... only because im cheap and on ebay and amazon theres no good used drives for around $15 per TB. Im to cheap to buy new!

• @kevmachine said in I am sad..bad day..:

Im also sad... only because im cheap and on ebay and amazon theres no good used drives for around $15 per TB. Im to cheap to buy new!

I'm not necessarily cheap, but I am definitely broke!

• @Evo yeah tell me about it. I bought 3 hard drives in the last week. My original goal was to hit 20tb by the end of july. Sadly i dont think it will happen. Oh well. Just do what i did. Save up and buy like 5k coins and put them on a secure wallet "mine is a 50 word passpharse I created on paper and locked away and only used once to transfer funds too" then pray in the next few years burst is like $50 per coin.

• @kevmachine, $50/coin would be nice!

I really wish I had discovered burst a lot further back. I hit a balance of a decent sized rig and good network conditions in May and early June (I just started mining in February with 4TB) and thought I was off to a good start. Did really well. A high difficulty was 15,000...I was horrified when I saw it climb over 20,000. Ha!

I'm at 120TB today. Pool transactions today? Zero. Deferred Payment total for the day? 7.05D. So off day or the new trend? I really, really, really hope it's just an off day. But with difficulties North of 120k, I kinda doubt it. Maybe buying isn't such a bad idea!

• @Evo yeah I seen it hit I believe 150k last night. Id recommend new players who start off small like me and dont have much funds buy 5k coins or even 1k which would be about the price of a coffee for a week and put it in a secure wallet. Dont save the passphrase to pc write it down and put it in a safe place. Make sure your pc is clean and secure before creating the new wallet and no key loggers or anything like that. I may be paranoid but id recommend a long and hard passphrase.

• @Evo said in I am sad..bad day..:

@kevmachine, $50/coin would be nice!

I really wish I had discovered burst a lot further back. I hit a balance of a decent sized rig and good network conditions in May and early June (I just started mining in February with 4TB) and thought I was off to a good start. Did really well. A high difficulty was 15,000...I was horrified when I saw it climb over 20,000. Ha!

I'm at 120TB today. Pool transactions today? Zero. Deferred Payment total for the day? 7.05D. So off day or the new trend? I really, really, really hope it's just an off day. But with difficulties North of 120k, I kinda doubt it. Maybe buying isn't such a bad idea!

so if Burst became $50 per coin, that means EVERY transaction requiring 1 Burst would cost $55 just to make a $5 transaction, see the problem why it'll never achieve this unless something is changed now... the transaction fee should be a set percentage of the transaction, say a 1% fee so that a $100 transaction would cost the sender $101 total and the $1 would go to those still going after deadlines...

but if nothing changes, the way I see it, the coin could never grow to any significant size, because the sheer cost of transactions would destroy the value of the coin...

• @Darkbane, yes, I agree that that will be a limiting factor if/when the price grows. But I'm more concerned with what has happened to my mining efforts recently. I made 50,000 Burst a month in May with 50TB. I invested in another 70TB to boost earnings just in time to see the difficulty levels skyrocket and earnings actually taper off. In the past two days, no transactions into my wallet.

Obviously we are all affected by this. If it is a natural reaction to real network growth do to a surge in interest to Burst, well, fine. There are no guarantees on things remaining as they are and we all take our chances.

But if this is due at all to people gaming the system then we are not in a fair fight and the culprits need to be isolated and eliminated.

Either way, I'm personally wondering if it is worth expanding any more. I had my sights on 200TB, but why spend the money if there isn't going to be a meaningful return? I won't stop mining with the equipment I have, not yet anyway. But I might be better of taking the hard drive money and just buying the coins. Time will tell.

• well the good news is i found 300gb i was usign for STORJ that i can plot.. so thatll keep me satisfied for a couple hours. :(

• @darindarin I know the feeling. My last drive is at 97% plotted after that I'm done. I think I might having withdraws if i can't find something to plot!

• @darindarin
    How did STORJ go for you? payout on 300GB?
    Have you looked at SIA also?

• @mrgoldy i dislike STORJ very complicated renting process.. weird payouts.. i never got 300gbs rented.. i barely got 100gbs.. the token sale i broke even on until they have a better GUI that auto sets itself up so i dont have to manhandle my router settings.. etc.. i wont go back .. sia is cool very cheap atm too

• i feel you-_- im on my last drive to plot, i bought more drive on bhphoto but that f*** site havent send my orders and their support is rude. oh well ill wait for new drives to come until then im sad too

• I'm kinda feeling bipolar. The optimistic, rose-colored glasses side of me wants to get to 200TB ASAP. Go Now! Buy those drives! The matter-of-fact, practical side of me thinks I should sit tight and not spend good money on drives when earnings are so crappy. Mr. Practical Me is thinking that buying coin outright might be money better spent at this point in time.

• @Evo said in I am sad..bad day..:

I'm kinda feeling bipolar. The optimistic, rose-colored glasses side of me wants to get to 200TB ASAP. Go Now! Buy those drives! The matter-of-fact, practical side of me thinks I should sit tight and not spend good money on drives when earnings are so crappy. Mr. Practical Me is thinking that buying coin outright might be money better spent at this point in time.

I've said numerous times to folks, if you believe the coin will increase in value, it makes more sense to buy it direct than take a gamble on mining the coins, because if it does go to shit, you now have used hardware and few coins, but if it works out, hey you just have to click the sell button and now you're done and cashed out...

mining creates additional risk, its not that buying coins eliminates risk, but it reduces the types of risks you're taking on, its just a pure gamble on its success, not on your mining success and coin success, bird in the hand or two in the bush type of deal, I mean who catches birds to begin with, little alone two at once...

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.