Can someone recommend...

• Can someone recommend a safe, secure online wallet? One here is constantly offline, I'd rather not use the BN ones. Are there others?

Yes, I've tried the AIO wallet... used it for 8 months and it crapped out and after a week and half and two different computers I'm done trying to get it to work... until a new version comes out I guess.

• admin

@burst1 Work is being done to get a new secure one. Mine here are under constant DoS floods.

• So basically no one here is using an online wallet except at BN? Everyone currently has a working local wallet... besides me?

• @burst1 said in Can someone recommend...:

So basically no one here is using an online wallet except at BN? Everyone currently has a working local wallet... besides me?

perhaps we could try to work on finding a solution for you, I too had immense problems getting a local wallet to work, then I did two things, I deleted 32-bit java from my computer so only 64-bit was available, as well as adding a bunch of rebroadcast peers which adds them to my well known peers, and then after downloading a fresh copy of the DB from one of the online sources, I seem to be running without issue...

which one of these things solved it for me, I haven't the faintest clue, but I do know, I am now able to click the run, wait for it to load, then launch the web browser link and logon, and it'll spend a few seconds updating the blockchain... before I would reach this point, close it all out, and then next time I tried to use it, it would fail, but after doing the above steps, suddenly it works smoothly for the past few days without any hiccups unlike before...

so what do you have installed on your system for Java?

unless you specifically installed the 64-bit version, you likely have the 32-bit version the automatic installer from the java website will put on your system... you should be able to open a dos prompt, and type "java -version" inside that window, which will return something like below...

C:\WINDOWS\system32>java -version
    java version "1.8.0_131"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

(notice the part where it says 64-bit, if yours doesn't say this, you have 32-bit)

so now on to the next part, the broadcast peers and such... in the "conf" folder of your BurstWallet you will see a file called "nxt-default.properties" and inside there will be a section for burstrebroadcast peers which you can add the following...

These peers will always be sent rebroadcast transactions. They are also automatically added to wellKnownPeers, so no need for duplicates.

burst.rebroadcastPeers=burst.ninja; pool.burst-team.us; 100PB.Online; pool.burstcoin.biz; burst.lexitoshi.uk; pool.ccminer.net; pool.burstmining.club; burstpool.site; poolofd32th.club; burstneon.ddns.net; pool.burstcoin.ro; pool.burstcoin.party; burst.btfg.space

after doing this I changed the setting below it as well...

burst.connectWellKnownFirst=4

then I grabbed a copy of the most recent database I could find, copied it over, clicked run, waited until it said it was ready, then clicked the web link and logged on... prior to this, I had plenty of issues and gave up on using a local wallet, because I got sick of the database being corrupt and never getting anywhere with it... now I can start and stop it all the time without having any issues...

• Thanks @Darkbane.

I've downloaded deleted and re-downloaded everything multiple times (Burst, java, etc). I honestly don't know about the 64-bit part. Maybe that's part of it... but a week and a half ago I had a working local wallet... that had been working through upgrades etc for 8 months, so I'm not exactly sure what changed?

Trying one more time to download the blockchain on two different computers... we'll see... I'm not optimistic lol.

But I can't believe at this point we don't have one reliable, secure online wallet? Kind of blows my mind.

• admin

@burst1 If the attacks would stop, we'd have multiple wallets like we used to. But currently my wallets are getting around 30K requests/sec each - they just can't keep up currently. I'm hoping the new firewall will help.

• @haitch said in Can someone recommend...:

@burst1 If the attacks would stop, we'd have multiple wallets like we used to. But currently my wallets are getting around 30K requests/sec each - they just can't keep up currently. I'm hoping the new firewall will help.

I'm not blamming you @haitch appreciate everything you do. And I'm not a techie... so I don't understand why sites can't be completely protected from those attacks (no need to explain though).

I want to make a transaction and it makes me nervous/nauseous that I have to put my passphrase into a BN online wallet currently. With all the crap that's happened lately, makes it even worse.

• admin

@burst1 I'd feel the same way about posting my passphrase to one of their wallets as well. I was working on a secure alternative. Will get back on is when current shite dealt with.

• Thanks @haitch appreciate it.