Oily residue on my GPUs!?

• One of my rigs went offline and I wasn't able to get it to power on again. Long story short: I've ordered a new MB to see if the prob was my old one. After disconnecting all the gpus (5x Sapphire Nitro+ rx480), I noticed ALL of them have some small amount of this oily residue that seems to originate from around the pcb near where the heatsink pipes run (see pics). The oil/grease is clear, and doesn't have a smell I can detect. I'm guessing its thermal grease (from google searches), but I've never had this happen! These particular cards haven't been running long (~4 months I'd guess), and haven't gone over ~80 degrees as far as I've seen.

Should I be worried? Should I/how to clean them up? I'm assuming this has nothing to do with my rig issue (I hope!).

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Looks like what I have had before, though yours seems to be a bit worse, probably because of the orientation of the cards while heated. But the consensus was, it was a residue from the thermal pads, that is non conductive and will not affect the cards, it does make a mess however. You can clean it with isopropyl alcohol, 99% if you can find it, and a quetip

• @cryptobadger Thanks, that's what I thought! I just finished cleaning them all...what a pain.

Once You Know, You Newegg

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.