ETHERIUM PRICE

• WHAT THE FCK!
    If it keeps going below 200 im going to have to keep BUYING MORE!!!
    Sick sad cycle i am stuck in .. buy in the dips they say .. itll be good they say..

• @darindarin Buying the dip can be tricky, but there are methods that minimize loss when the dip goes further than we expected.

What I do, keep in mind the fact that I did NOT go to school to study trading or economics, is stagger my orders going down.. for example: if I have 1 btc to purchase a given coin with, I'll place orders starting from a size of .05 btc and growing to .5 progressively. As the orders fill, the average buy price is kept as low as possible by the fact that the orders are getting bigger and bigger. I use the strongest support/resistance levels as a guide for where the orders should be placed, and I save the big .5 btc order for the all time lowest price the coin has seen. The following gives a good idea of where I would be looking for the orders, I just whipped this up... I don't really trade ETH, so take it with a grain or two of salt:

alt text

• @darindarin said in ETHERIUM PRICE:

WHAT THE FCK!
    If it keeps going below 200 im going to have to keep BUYING MORE!!!
    Sick sad cycle i am stuck in .. buy in the dips they say .. itll be good they say..

I don't like ETH anymore

• I wonder how or if the new cards are going to affect the price?

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/251725-gpu-manufacturers-building-new-cryptocurrency-specific-mining-cards

Looks like they can produce more hash-rate than traditional graphics cards?

• 30 % Increase is not soo much ...diference

• @irimia91 true though I think it will compound when thousands of them become online.

• @socalguy But what about the resale value.Those card wont have any hdmi out or anything like that.They going to be purely for mining...so only another miner will buy it.That might have an influence on the success of these cards.

• @Ip85 My guess they'll be treated like ASIC machines.

• @socalguy Yes thats true.But btc asics are more powerful than gpu...and there is no big jump beetwen standard gpu card and the one that they are planing to realse.

• @whateverUsayman thanks been tryign to inform myself as much as possible.. is that coinigy? you are using for the chart?

• I honestly feel that all these new ICO's have helped raise and lower the price of ETH. most of them take ETH as payment.. I think price rose due to all of sheeple ( me including) raced to buy ETH every week for the next ICO .. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars for these half company / half idea new TOKENS... well its hard to buy and build an infrastructure with crypto alone .. I bet some of the bigger companies started to cash in all this ETH and basically dump the price...if thats how it even works damned if i know.
    0_1499827936823_3b65c466-df64-43bb-a523-54e0bac9cc55-image.png

• @darindarin the ICO's cant pay everyone of their employees in ETH so all that ETH going to Fiat is def causing some of the drop

• @darindarin said in ETHERIUM PRICE:

@whateverUsayman thanks been tryign to inform myself as much as possible.. is that coinigy? you are using for the chart?

Actually, I use tradingview... well coinigy too, but I always go back to trading view. Probably a mix of habit and utility, as I do trade forex, stocks, commodities as well as crypto... so it makes it easier to just stay in the same place all the time.

As for the link between ETH price and ICO's, you are 100% on the ball there. If some company were to decide to use BURST for an ICO that runs up to a half billion USD, we would be competing with ETH for price right now... but then those coins would be sold to pay devs, like @falconCoin said. If that rush to cash out comes at the same time as a drop in BTC, the effect is doubled because everyone starts trying to turn crypto to cash at the same time.

• @whateverUsayman Maybe as @nameless have been too busy to open a new class and give some trading lessons, maybe you could help me with some trading tips and a couple of other lessons in order to mitigate a bit the risk... If you are up to it, PM me ;D

• @whateverUsayman

i wantto use trading view how does that work out for ya?

do you have to make customs scripts for it?

• @falconCoin said in ETHERIUM PRICE:

@whateverUsayman

i wantto use trading view how does that work out for ya?

do you have to make customs scripts for it?

I like it quite a bit, but I only use it for charting, not trading. I've been using them for a couple of years now, and am still happy with the free version.. there are a lot of really nice indicators that become available with a subscription, as well as a bunch of other features, but nothing that I would use often enough to justify paying for it.

I don't get into writing my own scripts and whatnot, as I use a variety of platforms... MT4, tradingview, coinigy, leonArdo, etc... I leave the scripting to those who can do that shit in their sleep, so I can focus on my charts. I don't use many indicators anyway, most of my trades are based purely on support/resistance levels combined with MACD, RSI, and Bollinger Bands. When dealing with crypto, I'll look at order book volume as well, but we all know how easily that is faked by whales. Speaking of bollinger, I don't know if you guys are aware, but John Bollinger is actually fairly active on twitter, and is very interested in BTC these days. The guy has made some very keen observations through the BTC volatility of the past year, and is worth following if you are into that kinda thing. You'll find him at https://twitter.com/bbands?lang=en , and I strongly advise following... the man knows what he's talking about.