Windows Scheduled Task

• Since MS updates reboot the machine whenever I wanna make the miner start up automatically, but i still want my account passworded on login. So if i create a scheduled task to start with the user not logged in using blango miner, will the miner see the external and internal drives ok even tho the user isnt logged in?

• patch tuesdays get me everytime! I'm looking into this as well. If I find anything I'll be sure to let you know! Getting tired of waking up in the morning seeing I haven't been mining almost all night!

• @Yottaphat said in Windows Scheduled Task:

patch tuesdays get me everytime! I'm looking into this as well. If I find anything I'll be sure to let you know! Getting tired of waking up in the morning seeing I haven't been mining almost all night!

couldn't you guys change your active hours to when you're actually sleeping or away, so that it only attempts to upgrade and reboot while you'd most likely be physically present during the day? aka, set your active times for the 16 hours you're not in front of a computer, so when you are sitting there, you will be there for the "we need to reboot" message and then click delay or go ahead and do it since you'll be right there to get it all going again so you only miss out on a couple minutes?

• @Darkbane Probably. That would be a good idea. Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Problem is idk what consistent time I'm in front of my machine

• @Yottaphat said in Windows Scheduled Task:

@Darkbane Probably. That would be a good idea. Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Problem is idk what consistent time I'm in front of my machine

lets say you go to sleep at 10pm... set your active hours from 8pm to 2pm the following day... so between 2pm and 8pm is when windows would try to update and reboot, adjust for your schedule... I'm sure that would likely put you in front of the computer once you get home from work and before bed more often than not?

• @Darkbane Not a good solution lol. Not always near my computer.

• You might deactivate the reboot task in the task scheduler library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Update Orchestrator
    Then you're able to reboot as you please and the updates will still be installed automatically.

• @nodch Thanks, but my proposed solution is also accounting for times the power might go off... etc. Not just updates lol.

I would also modify bios to power on from power loss.

• @LittleItaly said in Windows Scheduled Task:

@Darkbane Not a good solution lol. Not always near my computer.

my response wasn't to YOUR question, it was in response to the OTHER person... hence why I didn't include your name in my response to HIS statement... but since you want a personal direct reply, if you setup your system correctly, yes, you can have a script login automatically and any programs it launches will see whatever you have configured windows to make available to it, whether its a miner or something else...

so while my response to HIM wouldn't work for YOU, I never intended for it to, that does not mean its not a "good solution" for him though, just not you, which is why I didn't direct it towards you... see how this is working out, it was never to or about you...

P.S. I realize this may come across as abrasive, normally I don't intend things to, but this time I did, just wanted to clarify that...

• @Darkbane

@Darkbane said in Windows Scheduled Task:

couldn't you guys change your active hours

I...the OP, was replying to YOUR post that YOU directed to ME in MY thread and some other user. I think YOU forgot that YOU originally answered MY question with an answer that doesn't answer MY question that just talks about a different "solution".

Wouldnt it make sense since its MY thread that I would like an personal answer?

I thought so too. Also, MY question is if the miner.exe works and can detect drives while the user account isnt logged in. Not if task scheduler works or not.

P.S. I realize this may come across as abrasive, normally I don't intend things to, but this time I did, just wanted to clarify that...

• If you want you computer to automatically log on after restart, consider "Autologon" utility from Sysinternals package. You can configure it to automatically logon on boot with the user credentials you want.
    But be aware that this is not secure actually.

• @LittleItaly said in Windows Scheduled Task:

good solution lol. Not always near my computer.

Follow this guide and you can choose when you want to download updates
    https://www.howtogeek.com/262477/how-to-set-an-ethernet-connection-as-metered-in-windows-8-and-10/