WoW

• i know im small with 1.7tb and for different reason will grow slow

but do i even stand chance with miners out there like this

BurstMiner0 735.7TB 1.796% 11.68 316.24Q / 17537.19P

• admin

@Duncanvalen33 'I won a block on my 120GB Phone .........

• @haitch that is good to know honestly that even a small guy can win big

• @Duncanvalen33 for small miners the key is to get into a pool that accepts long deadlines so you make sure you are current in the historic shares even if you are on the bottom of the list, and if luck is with you . you might even find a block yourself

• @Duncanvalen33 check out my pool in the signature. cant hurt , test for a few days b4 u jump around too much tho

• 7 blocks on 5Tb here. Since I started in March.

• currently im on pool.burstmining.club i average 2 coins a day

• High pool target deadlines favor larger miners. For what ever reason they cant handle traffic. Lexicon/uray style pools has the coding allowing it to run a 30 day deadline for over 1k miners. 30 day deadline is designed to allow a 1tb miner to get shares thus getting some burst.

Get more for your miner! Lexitoshi , tross pool or the Renegades 30 day deadline ftw!

• @tross said in WoW:

High pool target deadlines favor larger miners. For what ever reason they cant handle traffic. Lexicon/uray style pools has the coding allowing it to run a 30 day deadline for over 1k miners. 30 day deadline is designed to allow a 1tb miner to get shares thus getting some burst.

Get more for your miner! Lexitoshi , tross pool or the Renegades 30 day deadline ftw!

I'm starting to wonder about the common sense in some of these small miner pools, I looked at transactions for small miners, and the transaction cost was 99% of what was being transferred, there has got to be a better way to handle this?

I flip flop between, the pool wants to show they are paying out, and the small miners could take months to get 100 coins so transactions only eat away 1% of the transaction cost, but it is just silly to pay 1.0 burst to send 0.002 burst every day?

I don't know a better way without just delaying folks to a much longer payout time or a much higher minimum payout, but the way its happening now just goes against every logical cell in my head screaming this is insanity at best... help me believe!

• @Darkbane there is very simple and logical way :) i have no idea why none of pools did it (lazy coders? :p )
    Set manual (or semimanual) payout where tx is payed from miner. Afcourse tx fee in block would need to be spread for miners as well and not left for pool. So as an example i could mine for whatever long time (say per day 2 burst) and after 10 days i have 20 burst confirmed at pool wallet now for whatever reason i decide to cash out so press button give me mah burst and 19 burst is on its way to me :) 1 burst covering the expense of transfer. Simple, neet and user has control of his funds. Not to mention overall income increase due to lowered transfer expenses.

• @LithStud said in WoW:

@Darkbane there is very simple and logical way :) i have no idea why none of pools did it (lazy coders? :p )
    Set manual (or semimanual) payout where tx is payed from miner. Afcourse tx fee in block would need to be spread for miners as well and not left for pool. So as an example i could mine for whatever long time (say per day 2 burst) and after 10 days i have 20 burst confirmed at pool wallet now for whatever reason i decide to cash out so press button give me mah burst and 19 burst is on its way to me :) 1 burst covering the expense of transfer. Simple, neet and user has control of his funds. Not to mention overall income increase due to lowered transfer expenses.

well I think if the "pain is self-inflicted" and the miner chooses to have transactions eat a large portion of his reward, to each his own right, but I wonder how many people understand enough of whats going on to realize, 99% of a transaction is sheer cost and not reward, and it just doesn't make fiscal sense to continue this way... I like the idea of automated payouts, it keeps things honest when humans are removed and machines automate things, plus its just a HECK of a lot easier for admins right... but someone needs to sit down and look at this logically, spending this much just to send out so little needs someone to put the brakes and come up with a better solution...

although to be honest I think the better solution is an issue Burst will face anyhow if it becomes successful, transaction cost should be a percentage of transaction size, not a set fee that remains constant, thats disaster if Burst is to ever create any scaling value, you can't pay 1 Burst per transaction if each Burst has a say $5 value... it would crush the coin... so I think the most logical approach would be to lock in say a 1% transaction fee on transactions, rather than a 1 Burst fee... it solves some potential future problems if it becomes a success, and makes sense for the smaller community that just wants to use free space and still be able to be in the game...

but for pool owners and participants to keep the current method, is just insanity... I would have been out of business decades ago if I had transaction costs like that...

• @Darkbane burst o ly is missing fractional relevance for fees as you can set your own fee (just currently it will round down i think the set fee, 1.1 is interpreted as 1). Once thats done only user interface hass to add somethong for fee calculation (like my current smart fee mod i made when there was all that spamming on network) once activated it makes sure you get priority on next block or at least high enough to het throu)

• @LithStud said in WoW:

@Darkbane burst o ly is missing fractional relevance for fees as you can set your own fee (just currently it will round down i think the set fee, 1.1 is interpreted as 1). Once thats done only user interface hass to add somethong for fee calculation (like my current smart fee mod i made when there was all that spamming on network) once activated it makes sure you get priority on next block or at least high enough to het throu)

in example pretend world, Burst reached $5 in value today, so we celebrated, you took me to lunch at mcdonalds and I said, all I have is Burst, and you said, well okay, I have $5 extra with me, you go ahead and pick any 5 items you want off that menu buddy, we're celebrating! so I pick 5 things and decide to send you Burst in repayment...

I open my wallet... punch in your Burst address, and send you 1 Burst, since its worth $5 right... but I have to pay 1 Burst to send that transaction... I now spent $10 to send you $5 for that mcdonalds meal my stomach will no doubt regret in a few hours... transaction costs just ate up 50% of my transaction to you... thats insane... no coin that expects to scale and hold value, could sustain itself like this... but if Burst were say a 1% transaction fee, I would have paid $5.05 to have lunch with you, and that nickel would have gone to those processing the transaction, and likely thousands of other transactions since Burst became so popular...

thats my whole point... a $5 lunch shouldn't cost $10 due to transaction costs... you sure as hell wouldn't have given that money to mcdonalds if they charged it, you'd walk next door to their competitor because its not sensible to pay that much extra...

• @Darkbane sigh i think you misunderstanding me. I said BURST ONLY NEEDS TO IMPLEMENT FRACTIONAL FEES.

So in you example you would just set fee as 0.0001 (or whatever), in theory you can do it now but if less than 1 BURST your transaction wont go throu. (never get picked for inclusion to block).

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.