Can I change the name of a plot file

• I have plotted three drives and used the wallet id of an online wallet. I want to now create a local wallet with a more cryptic pass phrase. Do I have to re-plot the drives with the new local wallet id or can I just rename the plot files substituting in the new local wallet id for the old online wallet id in the name?

• @khnkdn ,

You would have to replot.

• @khnkdn Alternatively there is nothing to stop you using the Wallet ID you have created with either an Online or Local Wallet.

Which Wallet the ID was created with does not tie you to that Wallet it can be used with any Online or Local Wallet.

Rich

• @RichBC said in Can I change the name of a plot file:

@khnkdn Alternatively there is nothing to stop you using the Wallet ID you have created with either an Online or Local Wallet.

Which Wallet the ID was created with does not tie you to that Wallet it can be used with any Online or Local Wallet.

Rich

I thought the concern was weak passphrase. But yes, even if you think the passphrase is crackable, you could still mine with the account and just sweep the proceeds out before the crackbot like "H" grabs your coin.

• @rds You might be right, several ways the question from @khnkdn can be read.

I thought he might have thought that you could only use the Wallet that the Passphrase was created on, hence my suggestion.

Also @khnkdn be careful by what you mean by a "a more cryptic pass phrase" If you have used the issued 12 Word passphrase it will be fine. Make sure you know what you are doing if constructing your own that it is actually better than the random 12 Words?

Rich

• @khnkdn If you mine solo, you can set the reward recipient for your mining account to your new account. I'm not sure how that would work in a pool, though. Pool owner should be able to deposit into whatever account you want him to, imo.

• Thanks for the answers. I have an online wallet, but wanted to move to a local wallet. I really do not want to re-plot the drives.

• @khnkdn , your Burst account (wallet) is not tied to online or local. You may have set up the account on an online site with a weak passphrase. You can still open it and run it on a local wallet as well. Maybe you think the online site was untrustworthy and they may have somehow compromised your wallet passphrase. Then making a new account on a local wallet with a more robust passphrase makes sense. To have any drive plots associated with this new account would require a replot not just renaming your plot files. This new account can be accessed via an online sit or your local wallet.

Looks like your connection to BurstCoin - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.