Burst Wallet 1.3.4cg Released

• Go here to read the announcement, and more information:

https://forums.getburst.net/t/burst-wallet-1-3-4cg-released/513

Or you can just go the release page here:

https://github.com/ac0v/burstcoin/releases/

I've also seen a little progress toward creating a windows installer...hopefully soon!

• Forgive my German, but most of the wallets come from Dawallet and Luxe. Do we have some new devs working on and releasing the same burst wallets. Are these the core wallets going forward?

• Heard good things about Mariadb.

Wallet doesn'r run for me maybe firewall
    In regards to this line..
    nxt.dbUrl=jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/burstwallet

I'm not using this port unless we are required too. Please advise.
    The typical ports are 80, 8123, 8080, 8125
    Most wallets were at 8125. what do we change

• @Burstde [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.maxRollback = "1440"
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.isTestnet = "false"
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.isOffline = "false"
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.dbUrl = "jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/burstwallet"
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.dbUsername not defined
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.dbPassword not defined
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:17 nxt.Nxt - nxt.dbMaximumPoolSize = "10"
    [SEVERE] 2017-09-06 15:24:19 com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool - HikariPool-1 - Exception during pool initialization.
    java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not connect to address=(host=localhost)(port=3306)(type=master) : Connection refused: connect
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:156)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.getException(ExceptionMapper.java:118)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.throwException(ExceptionMapper.java:92)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:111)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.util.DriverDataSource.getConnection(DriverDataSource.java:112)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newConnection(PoolBase.java:358)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newPoolEntry(PoolBase.java:201)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.createPoolEntry(HikariPool.java:443)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.checkFailFast(HikariPool.java:514)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.<init>(HikariPool.java:111)
    at com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource.<init>(HikariDataSource.java:72)
    at nxt.db.Db.<clinit>(Db.java:117)
    at nxt.Nxt$Init.<clinit>(Nxt.java:198)
    at nxt.Nxt.init(Nxt.java:175)
    at nxt.Nxt.main(Nxt.java:166)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect to address=(host=localhost)(port=3306)(type=master) : Connection refused: connect
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:1036)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.Utils.retrieveProxy(Utils.java:483)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:106)
    ... 11 more
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connect(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:401)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:1029)
    ... 13 more
    [INFO] 2017-09-06 15:24:19 nxt.Nxt - Shutting down...

• @Burstde said in Burst Wallet 1.3.4cg Released:

In regards to this line..
    nxt.dbUrl=jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/burstwallet

I'm not using this port unless we are required too. Please advise.
    The typical ports are 80, 8123, 8080, 8125
    Most wallets were at 8125. what do we change

thats just the standart port mariadb (or mysql) runs on!-)
    has nothing to do with P2P or API port.

and you need to setup your db first!

nxt.dbUsername not defined

and

nxt.dbPassword not defined

use http://package.cryptoguru.org/index.htm if you can.
    its not very "elegant" at the moment and might need some fiddling but it makes things quite a bit easier.
    also your trusting the cryptogurus and their packages by adding the GPG Key!

I have a secondary wallet on a small machine syncing up just fine at the moment. with oclVerify turned on!
    ~ 48h for a full sync! but thats my machine....

• @Burstde Yeah, you don't need to open that port of to outside traffic.

• admin

@Burstde Did you create the burstwallet account and run the .sql file to create the db and schema ?

• @Haitch No I just just launch it like 1.2.9 nothing else. So it seems their is more too it now

• admin

@Burstde For linux, I thought the 1.3.4 release installed everything for you, but possibly not.

Take a look at the instructions here: https://github.com/ac0v/burstcoin

• @haitch Using windows and clicking run.bat. So that explains why... just ignoring the nxt.dbUsername and nxt.dbpassword.

I missed the steps and using this CryptoGuru Package Repository noticed not for WINDOWS yet.

I'll VM a linux os and use it then as that is what I was going to do anyways for another project

• admin

@Burstde You can still use windows, you just need to do the manual steps - a windows installer is coming. If you do go linux - use Ubuntu - it just works ......

• install on ububtu server 17.04
    using this https://github.com/ac0v/burstcoin

is this line right as I get an error "wget:missing url" usage option
    \wget -q -O - http://package.cryptoguru.org/debian/init.sh | bash

• I've been trying to install this for days and I feel like I'm getting nowhere and am completely missing something. Are there instructions for Windows installation anywhere? Is this even possible to install on Windows?

I've installed MariaDB and gave it a PW during installation, After opening the "session manager" I created a "session" with a PW. I've mostly used the same database name and password over and over so I don't have to guess which ones to put in the config file. So after putting it in the config file under nxt.db* the only difference is that the log file no longer says "not defined" for the username and password.

Is it best that I just go back to using 1.2.9 for now until there is a Windows installer?

Thanks for any help. I've been working on this for almost a week now and am just tired of it. I would like to know how much Burst I have but I'm not sure I care THAT much.

• @Pyk said in Burst Wallet 1.3.4cg Released:

I've been trying to install this for days and I feel like I'm getting nowhere and am completely missing something. Are there instructions for Windows installation anywhere? Is this even possible to install on Windows?

I've installed MariaDB and gave it a PW during installation, After opening the "session manager" I created a "session" with a PW. I've mostly used the same database name and password over and over so I don't have to guess which ones to put in the config file. So after putting it in the config file under nxt.db* the only difference is that the log file no longer says "not defined" for the username and password.

Is it best that I just go back to using 1.2.9 for now until there is a Windows installer?

Thanks for any help. I've been working on this for almost a week now and am just tired of it. I would like to know how much Burst I have but I'm not sure I care THAT much.

For windows you can use this bundle: http://files.getburst.net/full/Burstwallet-1.3.4cg-bundle.zip It is a little big but all you need to do is unpack and start the launcher and run.

• @Quibus Thanks so much I will give it a try. I hope this wasn't obviously somewhere that I just missed... Edit: Oh I almost forgot that I was unable to access getburst and cryptoguru websites for a while and could never figure out why. They seem to work now though.

• @Quibus said in Burst Wallet 1.3.4cg Released:

is a little big but all you need to do is unpack and start the launcher and run.

Oh. by the way. since it is a standalone version of MariaDB/java you need to stop or uninstall current version of maria that you have installed on your computer.

• @Quibus Thanks, I would not have known to do this.

• @Quibus Thanks again for this, worked perfectly. It would be nice not to have to leave the launcher open, but it's a small tradeoff for the ease of use. Do you know if there are any separate DB downloads or is it best that I just let it sync on its own? (I assume the old DB downloads are not going to work with the sql thing... ?)

• @Pyk said in Burst Wallet 1.3.4cg Released:

nloads or is it best that I just let it sync on its own? (I assume the old DB downloads are not going to work with the sql thing... ?)

For now there is no db downloads available for this version as i know of so you have to let it sync.
    I have noted your request and maybe it will be implented in the near future.

• @Quibus That would be great! Either that or just have the wallet sync its database in the same amount of time as it would take to download it separately. Are you part of the PoCC that I should be thanking for all the recent work? Well, either way, thanks for the help getting this to work!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.