How are deadlines determined?

• I've been mining for most of today and noticed extreme variation in deadlines. I've been mining on pool.burstcoin.eu with 700Gb and most always end up with a deadline, but they tend to be very high (~1 month). I noticed that someone with 1.1tb had a deadline that was under 2 mins... how is this possible? the next block he had 31 days.

Is there any way you can "figure" your deadline? Is there a way to decrease deadline time without adding more Tb?

• admin

@LeG3NdArYPhiL
    Q: Is there any way you can "figure" your deadline? Is there a way to decrease deadline time without adding more Tb?
    A: No. If there was, why would miners have 100's of TB ?

Your deadline is computed from the target height, scoop number being mined, and the nonces that you have in that scoop number. The more instances of that scoop, the better your chance of winning. Generating the scoops and nonces is computationally difficult, but verifying a submitted nonce is easy.

But you can get lucky, or not. I have a miner with ~100TB, it's best DeadLine ever was 0 Seconds. But it also will throw out a best DeadLine for a round of 2-3 Days. It tends to be decent times, but there are random outliers.

• I think I understand. Thanks!