any special settings for wallet when solo mining?

• is there something other than just a default wallet install needed, without having to change anything with the wallet? or just recommendations like change the number of active peers, or add a certain list of nodes, etc etc etc...

I am aware of how to setup the miner, and its settings to point to your local machine, but I've always wondered what if any settings for the wallet were needed, seems like there should be a "recommended best settings" for it...

I can't imagine the default setting of 2 peers is going to be good for a solo miner, wouldn't you want this limit raised by default so you can connect to 4 or more and propagate any winning block you find much faster?

so what do the expert solo miners have to say? what have they done?

• @Darkbane , my wallets have 80 peers. I solomine sometimes, it seems to work. I don't change any other settings other than the obvious ones for solo.

• sync your time!! and then sync it again!-) with http://www.timesynctool.com/ for example

the default is 20 peers! ?? and its probably better to connect to more! like 50 maybe?! I'm having no problem connecting to a 100 peers but I'm not solo mining against that wallet and it doesn't make much sense anyway. just saying you can!-)

also maybe add some of the big pools to

burst.rebroadcastPeers=

• @rds said in any special settings for wallet when solo mining?:

@Darkbane , my wallets have 80 peers. I solomine sometimes, it seems to work. I don't change any other settings other than the obvious ones for solo.

what are the "obvious" settings though, thats my whole question I guess... for detailed information so folks later finding this thread can say, oh okay, I guess I just need to change these settings... remember, not everything is always obvious to everyone...

what kind of bandwidth does 80 peers use up for you on average, I can't imagine much unless they are trying to resync a whole database or something, but how much?

P.S. basically I would like to see more folks solo mine, many should and could but they are afraid of something working now, not working if they try, so if we can squash the difficulty in "change this this and that" and they're good to go, it might help add more solo miners to the mix and a healthier network of active peers...

• @Darkbane ,

not sure, I'm using the supplied, default settings.