The Future for HDD Mining

• Here's how I see the future for HDD mining and say if you agree or not. It's going to get bigger and bigger and I fully expect HDD's to go the same way as GPU's and ASIC miners soon, meaning that you won't be able to get your hands on them! We seem to be working our way through computer component parts lol.

Proof of Capacity and Proof of Space are eco friendly because you're only using a fraction of the electricity when compared to other methods. Noise pollution is also reduced ha!

Also, the cloud storage capabilities, via the Blockchain, is something people will really want. Your files would be scattered across miners machines, rather than held in a central location and by an online third party.

For the above reasons and more, I'm investing in HDD mining and mining Burst. You've got to think ahead as this is a super fast paced technology.

• @Zippymine said in The Future for HDD Mining:

Here's how I see the future for HDD mining and say if you agree or not. It's going to get bigger and bigger and I fully expect HDD's to go the same way as GPU's and ASIC miners soon, meaning that you won't be able to get your hands on them! We seem to be working our way through computer component parts lol.

Proof of Capacity and Proof of Space are eco friendly because you're only using a fraction of the electricity when compared to other methods. Noise pollution is also reduced ha!

Also, the cloud storage capabilities, via the Blockchain, is something people will really want. Your files would be scattered across miners machines, rather than held in a central location and by an online third party.

For the above reasons and more, I'm investing in HDD mining and mining Burst. You've got to think ahead as this is a super fast paced technology.

yep and good thing is HDD's can always be used or sold to ppl locally ... they will surely get smaller in size but i think the storage will be beneficial for years to come if you get a good HDD

• Buy the highest capacity you can afford and mine with it, it will have a better resale value in the future than small capacity.

• @Yey_09 Agreed. I use Seagate 8TB boxes and 16TB ones are due out shortly, with 20TB ones due in 2020

• @falconCoin Absolutely. An 8TB HDD that is a year old will still be popular. That's a lot of space!