Asset owners of assets I own ......

• admin

the service center looking at my car just informed me that fixing my brakes and power steering is going to cost $4,500, and fixing the exhaust that they previously billed me $400 for, but failed to fix, will be an additional $1,800. I need you to have some really good payouts this week, please and thank you 🙂

• is it a jaguar? that seems really really high for brakes and power steering. Is the rack and pinion leaking (steering)? calipers sticking or something(brakes)?

• @haitch power steering to cost 4500 must be the rack and not the pump or maybe both.. .. volvo?

• admin

@Jaxblack Toyota Solara Convertible (Yeah, a convertible in Wisconsin ....... 😉 ). Brake master cylinder is leaking worse than the Titanic, calipers and rotors are also close to their limit. Power steering is somewhere upstream of the pump, apparently not where leaks usually occur. If I didn't love the car it'd probably be cheaper to trade it in for a beige sedan .......

• Still seems oddly high, even the master isnt that difficult on that car (i picked a 2008? V6)
    0_1506960511114_9398ebba-16bb-4c06-a298-6874dadee3f5-image.png

I checked the other labour times and nothing is overly high on this model.....
    Well your certainly the kind of customer i would like to have!

• admin

@Jaxblack 2007 SLE V6.Seemed obscenely high to me, and i'm not thrilled with the quality of their work, but they're the only Toyota certified service center here, and the anal retentive in me want the work done by a certified center ...

• talon power paid out!

what did you get from us?

• use the repair money on a new one and trade it in

• Haitch trade in that car and just buy an old mercedes of any type... Best to buy years before 2006 or after 2012 . Believe me you will have to pay more for the car than usual but almost 0 for up keep... In my eyes only cars worth to buy are the ones withthat star on them 🙂 . I myself was skeptical about this, but after buying my first 1998 years Mercedes c180 in 2010 for 2000 euro i had to spend 0 on upkeep untyl 2015 except one set of tires and petrol... Only had to buy a new one because of a young women without licens taking a turn on redlight... But got nice cash from insurance... Made like above 50000 miles with it and needed one oilchange and fuel... Even that oil could be used... Just no point to risk . Since my first mercedes im not even willing to think about other cars... Just buy an used mercedes in good condition and you can forget about timingbelts and other repairs or upkeep costs... And hey when it comes down to safety they are being built like a tank... You go trought a wall with it and you will get out of it healthy... On my crash i Totally destroyed that chewrolet kaloss beyond repair Throwing it away like a cardboard car and got only small damage on my car... I could drive it home if needed... Of course itt was 80 km/h with no chance to break so there was some back pain but no serrious injurys in my car... I did not repair that car just because i could get the full 2000 from the insurance For the car and buy a car like that for 800 🙂 Happy days .

• If I were you I would go around and check how much a Non-certified mechanic would charge for the same job.
    Just because they aint certified doesnt mean that they won't be able to fix it.

Changing the calipers/rotors etc. can be done by anyone, even yourself! (It's sounds more difficult than it is).
    And for the power steering, me personally I would replace it with used parts as spending 20-30% of the cars value doesnt make any sense.

• @haitch said in Asset owners of assets I own ......:

the service center looking at my car just informed me that fixing my brakes and power steering is going to cost $4,500, and fixing the exhaust that they previously billed me $400 for, but failed to fix, will be an additional $1,800. I need you to have some really good payouts this week, please and thank you 🙂

its time to say goodbye and part ways with that vehicle, take her out back and shoot her, she's old, limping, and in miserable pain... or you could start selling "angry salsa" that people will pickup to try just because of the name and image... 😉

• new car - carfax - I think 5K is quite enough to get you a nice something or other.

• Wish you could get a second opinion. My 14 year old car failed emissions and was quoted 2,500 to fix it from rip-me-off Firestone. My second opinion will cost me 550.

• admin

@Burstde Works being done on it. Even if I was in town to take it around different places to get quotes, driving around with barely working brakes didn't appeal ..... My wife told me she guessed she had better be nice to me until I got the car in seeing as she might never see me alive again 😉

• My vehicle's water pump spindle bearing broke because the caustic nature of the engine cleaner of a self serve auto wash bay. Trouble is the entire engine has to come out to replace it so that and other items will cost up to 1/3 the entire value of it. If it hadn't broken i'd still had to o the works about 60,000 km later to do it all at once so it doesn't have to go twice. It's one of those European imports that has a different brand engine. These are the issues they cause. (different engine fitment in compatible region of planet blah blah)