Miner is pool reward receipient

• Initial condition, Normal mining operation:

Pool Account: XX

Miner 1 account: AA
    Miner 2 account: BB
    Miner 3 account: CC

All three miners have set their reward recipient to XX.

New condition:

Pool Account: AA

Miner 1 account: AA
    Miner 2 account: BB
    Miner 3 account: CC

All three miners have set their reward recipient to AA.

Will this work?

Miner AA hits a block, the reward goes into AA account.
    Miner BB hits a block, the reward goes into AA account.
    Miner CC hits a block, the reward goes into AA account.

• admin

@rds rewrd initially goes to the pool account, pool then pays out to specific account.

• @haitch , Additional contditions:

The pool config is set to not payout shares.

Does account AA continue to fill as blocks are hit regardless of which miner forges?

When miner AA sets his rewar assignment to AA (himself) does the system an/or pool think he is solo mining. Will the pool accept a DL from AA since it appears he is solo mining?

• A pool account is like any other account so in reality, there is no difference on option a and option b except there are 4 accounts in option a

• admin

@rds Misread it - so yes, all rewards will go to AA

• @rds said in Miner is pool reward receipient:

when miner AA sets his rewar assignment to AA (himself) does the system an/or pool think he is solo mining. Will the pool accept a DL from AA since it appears he is solo mining?

Am I correctly guessing the pool can not sign a block when miner AA has its reward recipient set to himself ?
    Otherwise you could use a pool as a proxy instead of a wallet/client for solo mining.
    But you may use any wallet, .i.e. remote online wallets.

Does account AA continue to fill as blocks are hit regardless of which miner forges?

yes.

• @vaxman ,

so you say if AA sets reward assignment to AA, then submits DLs to a pool that is set for the pool account to be AA, the pool will reject the DLs, correct?

I was just curious. I could just set it up now with my miners and pool to verify, but I thought I'd put it out there for discussion.

@vaxman ,

so you say if AA sets reward assignment to AA, then submits DLs to a pool that is set for the pool account to be AA, the pool will reject the DLs, correct?

Oh, I misunderstood your question.
    miner AA with recipient AA can submit to pool AA. (your statement)
    miner AA with recipient AA may not submit to pool XX. (my statement)

edit:
    miner BB with recipient AA may solo mine, rewards go to AA.
    You do not need a pool running for this with ID AA.

• @vaxman , ahh ok, so you think my second condition will work with all three miners forging blocks and the rewards will all go into account AA (pool account and additionally miner 1 account)

AA sets reward assignment to AA
    if AA sets reward assignment to AA that is the same as no rewardassignment.
    In theory it would work to mine on that account if it is a pool account. However if pool softare rejects your dl that is only because it does not understand (does not find any rewardassignment) for that account.

• @rds yes, condition 2 should work.

• @Quibus , solo miners have to set their reward assignment to themselves to solo mine, so setting Miner1's reward assignment to AA is a reward assignment. Every active miner has to set a reward recipient.

• @rds

No they do not. only if they have set one to another acccount first.

• @Quibus , so that would be every miner on the burst network.

so that would be every miner on the burst network.

Now you lost me.

If you start a fresh account and do some plots and do some mining (solo) you do not need to change reward assignment.

• @Quibus , you are off on a tangent from your original statement. You said, " if pool softare rejects your dl that is only because it does not understand (does not find any rewardassignment) for that account."

I'm saying if you set Miner1's reward recipient to it's own account AA that is a reward assignment. The pool will understand it, what it might do is say, "wait, this reward assignment is the same as the miner's account, this is a pool, he's solo, REJECT".

Here's what I will do, I'm going to set up condition 2 today and I will report back what happens.

pool softare rejects your dl that is only b

You said "solo miners have to set their reward assignment to themselves to solo mine,"
    I answerd that.

I said " if pool softare rejects your dl that is only because it does not understand (does not find any rewardassignment) for that account."

Which means. If you send a nonce to the pool that belongs to the pool account and IF the pool rejects you. that is ONLY because the pool is poorly written. because the pool have infact access to sign a block but does not know of it.

• @vaxman said in Miner is pool reward receipient:

@rds yes, condition 2 should work.

I just tried condition 2. It does not work. Pool reports "passphrase does not match reward recipient". The pool was the CRK version of Lex pool but I suspect that it is the actual wallet that flags the error not the pool, so I think it does not work with any style pool software.

I just tried condition 2. It does not work. Pool reports "passphrase does not match reward recipient". The pool was the CRK version of Lex pool but I suspect that it is the actual wallet that flags the error not the pool, so I think it does not work with any style pool software.

Well, atleast you have found your answer :)

Yes the wallet will say no to signing a block if the wrong pass is sent.