Vent ....

• admin

One of my customers wants to use a specific app on their wifi network. It doesn't work. The vendor has said it's a bug in their code, they'll fix it, and in the meantime use the work around I provided them. Customer doesn't want to use the work around - and has me scheduled on site to fix the bug in their hardware firmware .......

Then I'm scheduled to work on site for an unspecified time on an unspecified date at a customer that is a 5 hour drive from here ....... shoot me now .............

• @haitch Hang in there man 😛 It'll get better.

• @haitch said in Vent ....:

Customer doesn't want to use the work around - and has me scheduled on site to fix the bug in their hardware firmware

Sounds like you're being to nice. Inform the customer that if you work on the device you will void the warranty, have them sign papers to the effect they understand that. Inform them they will be charged the hourly rate/contractual fee ect. regardless of whether the fix is successful.

9 times out of 10 if you hard nose retards like that up front they will straighten their shit out. Pardon my French lol.

• Just say somehow all kinds of electronics in your vicinity started frying up on their own. So...no computers, chill time 😛

• @haitch said in Vent ....:

One of my customers wants to use a specific app on their wifi network. It doesn't work. The vendor has said it's a bug in their code, they'll fix it, and in the meantime use the work around I provided them. Customer doesn't want to use the work around - and has me scheduled on site to fix the bug in their hardware firmware .......

Then I'm scheduled to work on site for an unspecified time on an unspecified date at a customer that is a 5 hour drive from here ....... shoot me now .............

I can't shoot you now, you'll be late then, I will arrange for an unspecified time and date to shoot you, for which we will need a couple hours using an unspecified fix for the bullet bug I found with my new gun, so we will have you forge your own bullet with undetermined specifications at this time and then arrange for you to troubleshoot the shot at a separate facility at another undetermined time and date, and we will need you to do this in the next few hours thanks, sincerely management...

• admin

@Darkbane unfortunately, sinus problems have kept you from killing me. those same problems will keep me offline for a few hours

• @haitch please tell me it is not a security system you are working on! Some of them apps can be absolute sht! You cant help it if your a nice guy, just charge accordingly!
    Oh and you might want to change your MO, IME the assholes are the ones that live on forever. Stop being a nice guy, its hard on your health!