Difference local and online wallet

• Hi,

What is the purpose of having a local and online wallet ?

• admin

@nonobrutale1090 The online wallets are a convenience for those that don't want to run one locally. You don't need a wallet to pool mine, but you can use the online wallet to do transfers or reward assignments - however I wouldn't recommend mining solo with an online.

• Thanks so much Haitch for the prompt answer. I have downloaded the chain which was 89% and took sometime but I now have the full block chain.

So the online wallet have the same public address than the local one ? Where is the private key saved if you have both the local and online wallet ?

• admin

@nonobrutale1090 Your passphrase is the key to your account - the same passphrase will access the same wallet whether local or online.

• Perfect, thanks again. I will continue since you are very responsive now ;)

I am always facing difficulties with the Burst wallet to be honest.

When I click on local wallet I often have the message:

Your local wallet hasn't started yet. It can take up to 10 minutes to start up. Try it again later.
    Please check that you have Java installed!
    Download Java here: https://www.java.com/download/
    and then restart the Burst Client.

I have read another post and someone had the exact same issue where someone, maybe you if I recall correctly, told him to launch the run_java_autodetect.bat instead.

I have tried to do that, the java VM opens up and start printing stuff but nothing happens really... no GUI after 5 mins. Right now even if I go on the online wallet I have a grey background with no texbox at all where I could enter my passphrase. Do you know what's happening ?

• Make sure that Java installed on your computer is appropriate with OS.

OS 32 bit = Java 32 bit
    OS 64 bit = Java 64 bit

• I uninstalled java and started again from IE 64bits.

This is what I get after typing java -version in cmd:

java version "1.8.0_151"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

However, I am still facing the same issue when I try to access my local wallet.

• This is what I can read in the VM log, I guess there is a null properties in nxt-default.properties but since I didn't change it I have no clue what it is... Can one of you tell me what's coming after nxt.dbDefaultLockTimeout when you launch the wallet ?

2018-01-01 20:54:03 INFO: nxt.dbDefaultLockTimeout = "60"
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at nxt.Nxt$Init.<clinit>(Nxt.java:193)
    at nxt.Nxt.init(Nxt.java:170)
    at nxt.Nxt.main(Nxt.java:161)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: General error: "java.lang.NullPointerException" [50000-196]
    at nxt.db.Db.<clinit>(Db.java:101)
    ... 3 more
    Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: General error: "java.lang.NullPointerException" [50000-196]
    at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:345)
    at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:168)

• Sorry for the spam, I guess it's because I have deleted the <walletname.txt> of one of my test wallet, so it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't access my local DB :s

• All good, my local db was corrupted...

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.