Blago Miner question/issue

• Hey there, I was wondering if you guys could help me or if @blago might be able to shed some light on this for me...

It's a simple problem with an even simpler workaround, but i'm sick of the work around and wondering if there might be a fix lol

Here is the issue.
    When we start the miner, all is well, goes thru blocks, get great deadlines etc.

Problem is that lately, if we leave it mining for a while it seems to come up with a few issues that cause us BIG problems in the long run...

Issue is that after a while as the plots are being scanned it seems to read some plot drives more then one time... then the next time it scans during the next block it will get a little worse, maybe a few different drives are doubled up.

Now if we notice this we typically re-launch the miner and no problem. BUT on the occasion we do not restart the miner it seems to snowball and get worse... It will claim it is scanning some drives even 6, 7, 10 times. AND GOD FORBID one of those files has a deadline, why do I say that... because it submits the same deadline multiple times...

I cannot figure out why this happens. I thought at first maybe I need to update but we are using the latest release of the Blago Miner. It seems to only have started happening since the beginning of the month. Before this we could leave the miner running for days and even weeks without a problem

Any ideas?

@blago shot you a PM if you have time to chat 🙂

Thanks so much in advance 🙂

• @nixem , how do you know it is scanning multiple times? Is it by the console readout or can you actually see the drives being re scanned by the indicator light on the drive if you have one? I access my miners with remote access and occasionally see "repeats" of confirmed DLs or submitted DLs or finished drives and always wrote it off to the display lag or something like that. When your system is acting up do the total times for the scan significantly increase?

Post a screenshot if you could.

• @rds Read times do not increase, but i can see the console readout listing out each thread and a handful of them will be repeated. If the ones that are repeated happen to have a deadline the deadline found, submitted and confirmed are also multiplied. The pools seem to not like when this happens 😞

• @nixem , I get that periodically, never felt it was an issue. How do you know the pool doesn't like it? Unless they've set up a spam penalty, the pool will just reject the duplicates.

• @rds It causes issues, maybe spam penalty lol - I just want to know why it is doing this so I can remedy it. I am not usually one to put ban-aids on a problem much less ignore them. lol

• @nixem , not sure if it really is a problem. If the scan times didn't go up, did the miner really rescan?

• @rds its dropping my rank in my pool insanely. I believe you are on to something with the suggestion that we may be getting penalized for sending in duplicate deadlines. Honestly I get that... what I don't get is why the miner would do that 😢 and more importantly how to remedy this.

• @nixem , most pools do not penalize for spam, those that I've seen that state they do (old days) it was very minimal. I don't think this is causing your drop in rank. Higher than average DLs over the pool historical blocks for you or lower than average DLs for the rest of the pool will be causing your drop in rank.

• @rds unfortunately I will respectfully disagree with you. Only reason being is that this problem JUST arose recently and has directly effected my rank. DIRECTLY. the reason I know this is because the error ONLY happens when the miner is left running for a length of time without interruption. The longer the miner runs, the worse it gets. YET if I close the miner manually and reopen it often the issue never arises and I sit pretty in the top of the pool. If by chance I goto sleep early and my buddy isn't up to restart from time to time we will wake up with the rank at least 15-20 places below our normal baseline. THEN we restart the miner and it goes back to normal.

I have attached a screenshot as you requested. This one was only after letting it run about 2 hours... if we let it go to 5 or 6 hours some threads will repeat as many as 10 times.

0_1516727863829_Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 3.00.36 PM.png

• We've been also getting the same errors. We have also been just restarting the miner every time we are seeing this. Little more light on this topic would be great. We have tried changing the buffer size and catch size. No difference on the results.

Where is the @blago main man!!! Please shed some light on this topic!

• This post is deleted!

• @mike1023 said in Blago Miner question/issue:

We've been also getting the same errors. We have also been just restarting the miner every time we are seeing this. Little more light on this topic would be great. We have tried changing the buffer size and catch size. No difference on the results.

Awesome Idea! I tried the Screen Buffer on the CMD window but could not for the life of me figure out how to edit Cache or if there is another buffer setting... I am happy at least that I am not the only person in the wild with this issue.

@Blago is there a chance that we can have the miner restart or clear the buffer after each block? Is that even necessary, maybe just upping the buffer?

• @mike1023 said in Blago Miner question/issue:

We've been also getting the same errors. We have also been just restarting the miner every time we are seeing this. Little more light on this topic would be great. We have tried changing the buffer size and catch size. No difference on the results.

Awesome Idea! I tried the Screen Buffer on the CMD window but could not for the life of me figure out how to edit Cache or if there is another buffer setting... I am happy at least that I am not the only person in the wild with this issue.

@Blago is there a chance that we can have the miner restart or clear the buffer after each block? Is that even necessary, maybe just upping the buffer?

• @nixem said in Blago Miner question/issue:

@mike1023 said in Blago Miner question/issue:

The cache size is in the config file it self, which that is set to 40000 stock. We have tried higher and lower numbers. Does not seem to do much.

• If you notice from your screenshot, the only duplicates are right next to each other, like the print output forgot that it had already sent the message to the console. So I don't think you are submitting extra scans or DLs, I think the printer console function hiccupping. That being said, @Blago is the man for this issue.

Edit, I just looked at my three miners. They all have some duplication, not 10x but 2x on some drives and submissions, but not on confirmations. They have been running for multiple weeks without restart. As I said, I never considered it a big deal. My earnings have been steady.

Here is a screenshot I see this all the time, never considered it a problem, I scan at the right speed and submit and confirm the best DL.

0_1516735616951_8de9bd06-2e86-48ff-b9fa-a3df44aa2a52-image.png

• @mike1023 , since @blago just upvoted my last post, I'm thinking that you are ok. If you want to set a scheduled task to restart the miner periodically, it might resolve the issue for you.

• @rds said in Blago Miner question/issue:

@mike1023 , since @blago just upvoted my last post, I'm thinking that you are ok. If you want to set a scheduled task to restart the miner periodically, it might resolve the issue for you.

Great stuff would you say a batch script would be the best way to approach the miner restart periodically?

• @blago - any ideas?

Any way to restart the miner periodically or to maybe clear the buffer/cache?