I think I was just robbed on a block.. Fastest Deadline... Awarded to someone else.

• Ok so I am about 100 forged in.. so this isn't my first rodeo. Have multiple rigs.. no clue what just happened.

My pool reported that I won the block. I went back the next block to see what the payout was to be and the block got awarded to another pool!!!!

WORST PART IS.. It says in the history that I had a 8 second faster deadline...

If you look in the history It shows him @ 2Mins 14 seconds... me in 2 mins 8 seconds. What gives... makes no sense! I had a 6 second faster DL

Please explain... help me keep my faith in burst.. bc at this point im fairly discouraged

• admin

@nixem It's not common but does happen occasionally - either a) the pool hasn't broadcast your DL to enough of the network before the other DL was, or b) The DL was rejected by the network.It's also that the wallet the pool using has an accurate clock, the time being off can cause broadcast problems.

• @haitch said in I think I was just robbed on a block.. Fastest Deadline... Awarded to someone else.:

@nixem It's not common but does happen occasionally - either a) the pool hasn't broadcast your DL to enough of the network before the other DL was, or b) The DL was rejected by the network.It's also that the wallet the pool using has an accurate clock, the time being off can cause broadcast problems.

It looks like he FORGED faster then his deadline... Deadline was 2 mins and 14 seconds.. mine 2 mins 8 seconds.... Block was FORGED in 1 min 53 seconds.

Any thoughts on that?

• admin

@nixem Got the block number ?

• @nixem

The block would be rejected if that is the case. All wallets have checks so that block forgetime cannot be lower than DL.

• @quibus Well in this case sir, it was. As stated previously.

His deadline in pool was 2 mins and 14 seconds.. mine 2 mins 8 seconds.... Block was FORGED in 1 min 53 seconds.

Everything on burst is very public. Very easy to see these things happen.
    I am not sure how you can say it would have gotten rejected. He got paid the forge block share. He "forged" faster then the deadline he reported. If this is "not possible" then we must ask HOW THIS HAPPENED THEN...

• @nixem said in I think I was just robbed on a block.. Fastest Deadline... Awarded to someone else.:

His deadline in pool was 2 mins and 14 seconds.. mine 2 mins 8 seconds.... Block was FORGED in 1 min 53 seconds.
    Everything on burst is very public. Very easy to see these things happen.

Calm down, you may repeat what you have seen on your screen as often as you like,
    but again, what was the block number ? So far all of the above is hearsay.

I keep a complete miner logfile since 2014.
    Someone else minting a block with a higher deadline than my own HAS happened - twice in 9054 blocks. I see no problem with the consensus algo here.

As for the 2:08 deadline vs. 1:53 minting, did it occur to you that you don't see the complete picture ? You were looking at a pool user interface, not the wallet's network traffic. This is several layers of abstraction and induced latency away.