Pre plotted drives.

• admin

Discussions here and on Discord made me wonder - is there any interest in preplotted drives?
    '
    I can buy WD Red 8TB drives (White Label) for a good price, and plot 2x of them/day.

What I'm thinking is having a buy window - you guys submit orders - payment and address to plot to along with starting nonce; I order drives; receive drives and use the TR 1950X to plot; once plotted ship to you.

Assuming a worst case scenario - week to get orders, 4 days for order to ship, 9 days to plot, four days shipping - looking at 24 days from when I get order to deliver and mining.

Best case - Order received and sent, 4 days for order to ship, 9 days to plot, four days shipping - first in line 10 Days from order to minable drives.

• I would be interested in that as my cheapo pc plots slow, What kind of prices are wee looking at for the drives and your time to plot them?

• If there is anyone interested: have ~ 100 used internal SATA drives of 2 TB ea.

I could supply them pre-plotted in 4 business days (Europe) for 35 € incl. shipping.

Filesystem and -Parameters to your liking (Windows: NTFS, Mac, Linux and *BSD: whatever).

I just need your ID, choice of start-nonce, filesize, and filesystem type.
    And 4 days later you have a fully plotted and optimized 2 TB Hard Drive in the mail !

Hm, I think this takes the fun out of it. I enjoyed the ahhh-lets-try-it-this-way-cycles tremendously.

• admin

@simplyliving6 I've actually got some drives on hand that I was about to start plotting, so I can start immediately. I can do 2 8TB drives/day, so it'll depend on how many you want. They're 8TB White Label WD Reds, which would be $200/each plotted and shipped.

• @vaxman said in Pre plotted drives.:

I could supply them pre-plotted in 4 business days (Europe) for 35 € incl. shipping.

By SATA, you mean SATA3? Did you ship from EU? What will be the price for non plotted drives?

• @mrowcp I'm willing to ship inside Europe. Bare drives are 30 €.
    I can post specific model# next week, as I'm on a trip right now.

• @vaxman - nice. Please, contact me!

• 2 TB disks, pre-plotted in 4 business days (Europe) for 35 € incl. shipping.
    drive types are:

Seagate ST2000VX000
    Hitachi HDS723020BLA642
    TOSHIBA DT01ACA200

They work on SAS2 backplanes or SATA3 HBAs without issues .
    No info on SATA Port multipliers.

smartctl output on request.

• @vaxman said in Pre plotted drives.:

2 TB disks, pre-plotted in 4 business days (Europe) for 35 € incl. shipping.

shameless self bump; first 4 disks are sold.