Running BTC node degrades Burst miner connection??

• Whenever I run an application that is updating a blockchain, like BTC wallet or BCX wallet or ETN wallet, the Blago miner network connection slowly degrades to 0%. As soon as I shut down the offending blockchain app, the miner connection returns to 100%. This happens on 2 of my 4 machines, one's a laptop and one's a server. The one's not affected are a laptop and a desktop. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

• @rds said in Running BTC node degrades Burst miner connection??:

Whenever I run an application that is updating a blockchain, like BTC wallet or BCX wallet or ETN wallet, the Blago miner network connection slowly degrades to 0%. As soon as I shut down the offending blockchain app, the miner connection returns to 100%. This happens on at least 2 of my 3 machines, one's a Ltop and one's a server. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Are these machines behind a NAT Router AND is it a cheap taiwanese plastic box ?
    Usually, these cheap boxes run an ancient linux with dumb defaults to conserve memory, leading to connection losses if you have more than a few hundred connections open.

Remedy would be a "real" Router for IPv4 NAT or switching to IPv6. You could try out the free pfSense on a bare low spec box with two interfaces, depending on your connection and interface (modem).

• @vaxman , the router seems fine. there are 3 machines behind one router. 2 of the 3 work. The other machine is behind a different router and it doesn't work. I'm thinking it is the port assignments. The burst miners/wallets are configurable, the blockchain apps are not afaik.

• perhaps each machine be assigned to different VPN addresses and each have different block chain apps?