How much HDD space is needed to Solo Mine and find approximately 1 block a day?

• Hey does anyone know how much HDD space is needed to Solo mine approximately 1 block a day? I realize this is subjective to a number of factors. Just trying to get a figure in mind to calculate whether a project is feasible to do or not. 400 TB or need higher? 800TB? Is there a calculation somewhere? Thx n advance...

• @kingcajun To know that, you just need to do the calculation of the network difficulty dividing by the amount of blocks per day...

Current NetDiff (block 511407) = aprox. 245000 Tb
    Blocks per day = 24 * 60 / 4 (avg. minutes per block) = aprox. 360 blocks a day

245000 / 360 = aprox. 680.5 Tb to mine on average one block per day (soloing) with the current NetDiff 😉

• @gpedro Thank you very much! I really did not understand how to calculate it. That helps me understand what is happening much better. May the "Bird of Prosperity" fly your way. LOL

• @kingcajun Glad I could help 😉

• @gpedro , or you could just divide your total blocks forged in a week by 7 to get blocks per day. Then divided your capacity by that number. For me that works out to 360TB over the last week.

• @rds Well you can, if you hit enough blocks per week for the average be somewhere right, that would not work for my 16Tb for sure...
    My last block mined was nearly a month ago xD

EDIT: Wow I just noticed that the gap was so big to the number I came up with... You are using an average and I used the network diff of a single block for the calculation... The network diff is really changing a lot...

• @gpedro , true, you need to be hitting at least few blocks a week