my experience in Cloud Mining with Google Drive Storage

• @gpedro As a short-term investment, you can not see it right now either buying hard drives.

It is clear that if it is free for very little to get ahead, I understand that, the problem is with the prices I see in google that is not profitable the only thing you have money and do not mind spending it, another thing is what I eat have unlimited free space for little you get is all win

• @energy As I said in the best months it will pay for the entire 30$ but expect that to not happen in the most months... Best case scenario you get the cloud for free and can enjoy your free unlimited space... but if it just pays for 2/3 of the cloud price and you have to pay monthly 10$ for an unlimited cloud that can be accessed by 2 different persons, averaging a 5$/month per each with unlimited store space is pretty amazing no?

• @gpedro To pay the full 30 euros right now if I'm not wrong you need 90TB which if we take the example set here will take them 45 months to have them active, but you have to keep in mind that if you do not improve the price you have to increase the months and TB already that 5% less is mined every month.

But I do not know if I've explained myself, I understand what you say and if it's free for you, you have to take advantage of it, but I do not think it's more profitable to buy the hard drives.

I just found what you say is 8 euros per month but a minimum of 5 users to be unlimited, if not only give you 1TB

• @energy Yeah you are right, they changed the pricing... It used to be 10$ per user and needed 3 users to be unlimited...
    Now it's expensivier to get the unlimited plan...That was too low tbh...

But cloud mining is not a risk for HDD mining because the network bandwidth is a big limitation, maybe it will be as possible to mine with clouds as it is with HDDs when all the world is covered with 1000/1000 fiber, but until then it is just a good teaching-hobby that maybe let you make a few extra bucks if you have the cloud for free and a PC already running 24/7...

• @gpedro Sorry, I've had a headache for a couple of days and if it's hard for me to explain myself in Spanish, imagine in English xDD.

I agree with you that if you do it as a project it's fine, if you have free space or at a reasonable price it's fine, but applying the prices that google puts plus the time it would take to get the 100TB seems to me an outrage, now well As he says to him it is free for him, of course all he gets is profit

• @energy Oh lol, no problem... I face that problem too, many times, I must say xD
    Exactly... We are saying exactly the same 😉

• @energy in my VPS , every 90.0 GB plot with 1 core of micro Intel processor (700 Nonce/s) took 8 - 9 hours to create and it takes 3-4 hours to upload to google drive. i am heading to buy 4 cores , 10 GB/s VPS .
    in the worst scenario it can handle 2800 Nonce/s and it will make it in 2 - 3 hours and 18 -30 minutes to upload.
    so for 90TB , again in worst scenario , take 145 days to set up.

• i updated the first post!

• @moso

just an update - google announced a "price adjust" for April 2, 2019

by $2 for the business plan - per user and month ...

so going from $10 for 3 users to $10 for 5 users - now $12 for 5 users minimum to get unlimited storage

And here I thought after all this time with falling hardware prices they would LOWER their asked price ...

greed all around me

• Might be faster to do plot at home and upload it to google when done?

• @zoh

Thats what he does, as far as I understand it ...