qbundle 2.2.2

• admin

@cric I run multiple Linux wallets, but tested the 2.50 QBundle - all my passphrases took me to the correct account.

• @haitch said in qbundle 2.2.2:

@cric I run multiple Linux wallets, but tested the 2.50 QBundle - all my passphrases took me to the correct account.

2.5.0 is not qbundle 2.2.2 as he said, so maybe next time you try help user instead of telling him he wrong. Anyway you agree already that you wrong and make apology.

• @cric well the 2.2.2 wallet is inside the 2.5.0 q bundle so he isnt wrong there

• admin

@cric To the best of my knowledge there never was a QBundle 2.2.2. There is QBundle 2.5.0 which contains the BurstWallet 2.2.2

• @haitch said in qbundle 2.2.2:

@cric To the best of my knowledge there never was a QBundle 2.2.2. There is QBundle 2.5.0 which contains the BurstWallet 2.2.2

ok, like you I use only linux wallet on private vps

• well i got it to work.
    it seems my long passphrase was never used in its full lenght because of lack of space in the box but now with the update that box got bigger (?????) or something and it finaly fits in there but this creates the new burst id situation of course.
    all of this because my long pass was never used in its full form.

• Are you saying it was the password ???

• @energy yes it never allowed me to use the full lenght of it
    i used like 150 lettres in it but it only took the first 30 but never told me that so every time i copy pasted that long thing it just used the first part but now this update lets me use all of it but the 150 one was never linked to my burst id to start with........and now this is revealed a problem apears of course

it seems a long passphrase couldnt be that long back in the day but now it can.

so it seems i have been doing it wrong since day 1 but it never made a problem of it. the box was full and the rest vanished but not anymore

• @nightwolf If you only are using 30chars from 150 it has nothing to do with the wallet. I have a passhrase that is 250chars long and it working like a charm in all versions of the wallet.

• @nightwolf How can you been using a 30 chars passphrase the whole time?

If you input a passphrase to login into a wallet with less than 35 characters it shows you the following message:
    "Your passphrase should be 35 characters in length or more, ideally over 40 characters. If you want to log in with this unsafe passphrase, hit ENTER again. If you are a new user, click the registration link below to register a secure passphrase."

Then you have to hit enter again, and even after that, you will have a message on top of the dashboard saying "Warning: Your passphrase is less than 35 characters long. This is not secure."

So I can't really get how the UI was only using 30 chars from your 150 chars passphrase? You may have messed up something in there...