How to simultaneously mine Burst and BTCHD

• @jaxblack Yeah - I still don't trust it!

[edit] By which I mean, yes that's what they expect you to do. But no, I won't.

• @tinycoins see for me its a easy decision, i dont have any BHD to lose yet! haha

• @jaxblack Me neither, but it's your main burst account's passphrase you've got to enter. Not just the encryption passphrase for your BHD wallet.

It's supposedly to verify that you own the Burst plots which you're mining.

• @tinycoins i used the encrypted passphrase for my bhd wallet(the one i created the other day when i set up my BHD wallet and started to dual mine), and it worked. I do not mine burst through the Hpool so did not enter my burst wallet passphrase.

• Hi, thanks for guide!
    Is it possible to mine Bhd and Burst without conflict(without scanning plots at same time), if I am willing to mine Burst on other pool(Burstneon)?

Thank you in advance!

• @tinycoins Yes you were right, i did have to end up switching up and putting my mining wallet passphrase into the BHD wallet to generate the "binding string". I just made sure i had no burst in that wallet and will transfer more often to other wallet just in case. The price of burst lately makes the risk decision associated with doing this alot easier....

• @naich
    Is it only me .. or is the pool you mention not accepting new accounts?

I tried several times now - always "Creation failed"

• admin

@eagle275 hdpool.com? Yeah, they're accepting new miners. Where are you getting "creation failed" ?

• @haitch

When I click on "Register" near top right corner then enter credentials ..
    would be so much easier if the error was more descriptive (like if I accidentally used an already registered username) .. but all it says "Creation failed"
    I tried with several "convenient" usernames to be sure - but either they are all taken or the site has problems or coincidentally doesnt work with one of the worlds most used browsers aka Mozilla firefox...

He .. just recovering from a massive case of ROFL .... it was indeed Firefox .. opened the same page in IE / Edge and the form asks for an email-address where firefox asked for a username
    One of the stranger things in browser related problems ...

• @haitch

Could you help me again?

What do I need to do to actually mine something in this pool? - I use the same drives as in my burst coin mining - the pool has the same 0 - 100 setting - but still 0 BHD ?

Do I need to and what should I enter in this "Bind Data" field ?

The help is not really helpful in this regard

• admin

@eagle275 Assuming HDpool, and it's similar for Hpool - go to the hdpool.com website, sign up for an account. Make a note of your API key - will be displayed on the home page after you sign in. Download the HDMiner. Extract it, configure the miner.conf as you would a Blago config, adding in the APIkey, and the paths to your plot files. Start HDProxy.

You then need to bind your plot address to your mining account on the pool. You need to download and sync a copy of the wallet from https://btchd.org/en#wallet. Then in your wallet go into "Send". Change the bottom left dropdown to "Bind To", enter the address as 33NZ7dPrUZALy2LkRjQEe1WhMKGZyTaHtc then put your Burst passphrase in the next field, then hit the "Generate Binding Data" button. Copy the confirmation, then paste it into the pool "home" page while logged in

Finally make a copy of your Burst miner folder, edit the config to point to localhost:60100, and in your miner config, make sure that you have "POC2StartBlock":0 - and start the miner, you should be working.

• @haitch
    Thx for your helpful reply.
    Seems to work without your last steps - as I use scavenger I have no clue where to add the reference to localhost:60100 ..
    But after waiting some time after putting in the generated bind info the hdpool site shows "valid" for my miner and after even more waiting I find the first couple of mining results though my overall is still 0 BHD

I find it a bit disturbing that both BHD pools want a mortgage .. in case of HDPool 3 BHD per linked TB (and if I read) per day - which would make the whole process counterproductive ...

Can you say something about this mortgage system and if its worth throwing massive amounts of money in for pennies of mining yield ?

• admin

@eagle275 For mining (at least on HDPool) you need to run the pools proxy and point Scavenger to that, for scav, the setting in config.yaml would be:

url: 'http://127.0.0.1:60100'

If you're mining on a different PC than where the Proxy is running (not recommended) then change the IP address appropriately.

As for the mortgage, that is a "feature" of BHD itself, it works the same whether solo or pool mining. I would NEVER recommend anyone purchase BHD to cover the mortgage. Both pools offer a mortgage renting system that allows you to increase your earnings without having to actually own the mortgage. I always recommend using the rental system, never buy.

You can choose to hold your earnings on the pool to reduce the amount you need to reduce the amount you need to rent, but again, I'd be wary about holding too much there.

• @haitch said in How to simultaneously mine Burst and BTCHD:

"Bind To"

Thanks for your explanation regarding "Bind To". Had this completely overlooked and therefore probably since 10.01. can not earn more.
    Had previously contacted the hdpool by email because of the lack of income, but still receives no response since today.

• admin

@naich It's been the Chinese New Year - support has been pretty much MIA for the last two weeks.

If you need help, let me know.

• @haitch

I wonder why you suggest the hdproxy ? Is there a certain reason for it ? I have a direct internet connection through A/DSL ... so the hdminer works pretty fine for me - and after waiting a full day I finally have my first BHD (though only some cents worth .. ) but I'm patient

Have ordered 2 new 8 TB hdds when I found them cheap

• admin

@eagle275 The pools HDminer was unstable for me, a lot of crashes. The proxy on the other hand has been rock solid while mining with Johnny's fork of Blago.

• I do not know what I'm doing wrong, I'm trying to mine in hdpool with the time I downloaded from their website, in online miners I'm 1, the TB also marks them correctly, in Binding Status it shows valid, but after two days the balance Follow 0, is this normal?

Can someone show me how to set up the scavenger to mine the two coins

• admin

@energy You're running the HDproxy, with your account key in it, then running Scavenger pointed to the Proxy?

In the Proxy config you need to let it know where ALL your plot files are.

In Scavenger the only difference from Burst is that you just need to set the URL to http://localhost:60100

• @Energy - I'd try the hdminer (new version from february 2019) .. the config of this one is pretty similar to blago

if I may ask .. did you do all the steps haitch described for me in his posts ?

its pretty straight forward

in hdpool - does it say in the binding section "valid" ?
    what says the "Miners" page ?
    What in the "Funds" page ?

took a couple of days before it actually worked for me too .. but after binding said valid I finally received my first funds .
    HDPool only transfers mined funds after 24 hours ( one transaction per calendar day) when it works
    but if you actually mine - you can see your results in the Funds page in the upper part, listed time-sorted (descending)

Oh - and the website seems to use chinese time which runs 7 hours ahead of my local middle european time (or 8 hours ahead of GMT)