Scavenger Miner

• @energy Maybe you need to give more time for each miner to test, let's say a week would be better. 🙂

• initially I heard 360 rounds need to pass for a realistic reading but there are other factors too: time of day internet congestion, multiple vpn traffic overhead (connecting to vpn pool and surfing discord can choke like it does on me), location on Earth etc.

I agree with @HiDevin a good week is the best reading.

Its great theres 3 GPU miners to choose from now: creepminer, jminer and scavenger.

• @hidevin thanks but I have tried it more than a day and more than a week even more than a month, I have tried it since the first version and I do not know why it does not work in a stable way, one day it works well and the next one does not work and that with blago does not happen to me.

But as I said above it may be that my PC is too old, I have a processor AMD Athlon II X4 640

• @Energy GPU mode is awesome you can tune how many cores to a sweet spot that you have remains to run graphics too …. there is a benchmark mode too.

• @zapbuzz the GPU I prefer to use it for other things

• each to their own 🙂

• Dear All,

Newbie here. Just wish to use scavenger miner. But I'm confused by config.ymal.

1. Do I really need to enter "account_id_to_secret_phrase"? The comment is saying "define accounts and passphrases for solo mining". I'm using pool mining instead of solo.

2. url
      The comment is saying "testnet pool".
      Can I use this pool 'http://50-50-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org:8124'

3. target_deadline
      What is this? The log file shows "{"errorCode":"1008","errorDescription":"deadline exceeds deadline limit of the pool"}"

Thanks very much

• admin

@hlbcal Welcome to the community.

1. Only required if you're solo mining.
    2. Enter the http URL of the pool you want to use, the testnet one was just an example.
    3. a) Your deadline is greater than the pool accepts. If you're using a PoCC style pool, use the calculator on the pools "Info" page to set it for the target DL for your capacity.
      or b) are all your plots PoC2 style - burstiid_startNonce_number of nonces ?

• @haitch Thanks very much haitch!

I've found detailed user guide at
    https://github.com/PoC-Consortium/scavenger/wiki

It is indeed very useful. Managed to get it work, at least is running now.

I'm using PoC2 style.

Cheers!

• I switched from Blago to Scavenger a few days ago. Seems to be about the same speed and efficiency as what I had with Blago. Pool is reporting 237 TB and my actual is 233 TB, so very close. I'm running a pair of AVX2 capable CPUs, so that's what it is using. My scan completes in about 25 seconds (pretty much identical to what I got with Blago), so I guess it would be pointless to throw a GPU in the mix, correct?

@hlbcal you can comment out those top 3 lines of the config. They are for solo mining. Yes, the url for the 50-50 pool you list should work. That's the same one I use. Go to the Quick Info tab on the 50-50 pool web page, enter your plotsize, and it will tell what value to use for the deadline. You did already set the rewards recipient to the pool you're mining on, correct?