Burst and BHD Dual Mining.

• @energy

config.yaml means scavenger ..

scavenger needs your (numeric) account key

account_id_to_secret_phrase:
    numeric key: 'and here goes your passphrase'
    although it says for "solo" mining - I included it for pool mining as well and it worked

then you give your pool's address in
    url: 'http://your-pool-address:port'

and you're done

• This post is deleted!

• I think I've already got it, I'll wait another day to see what it does, but for it to work I had to add cpu_threads: to the configuration

• @eagle275 @haitch

Does entering your passphrase in the field for solo mining (when pool mining) not send that information to the pool, possibly compromising the account? Just being cautious.......Haitch if you don't mind chiming in, id hate to see someones day wrecked.

• @jaxblack

I'm affraid that line is the ONLY method to tell scavenger about your account key ...

I've used scavenger for 2 months and experienced nothing in that regard

• admin

@eagle275 If you're pool mining you do not need the passphrases in there - that's ONLY for solo mining.

• I switched meanwhile over to blago - to ease the "conflicts" between burstcoin mining and bhd mining ...
    But you are right, it doesnt need the passphrase - I removed it now.

But can you (maybe) help me on another matter - the hdpool site says (on the "Funds" page) - about "Earned in promotion" - which is always 0 for me - Can you say something about it? - What is it? - How would I be able to get it? Or should I just ignore it for now?

Also I need to say that withdraws take forever - I ordered my first withdraw yesterday and it took them almost a full day to process - is that the regular "speed" ?

• admin

@eagle275 The "Earned in promotion" will always be 0, unless there's a new promotion. It refers to a promotion when the pool first started up. Promotion is over, but the display has not been removed from the page.

Agreed that withdrawal process can be painful - it needs someone to manually approve it. It's been requested, more than once, to have the process automated.

• @haitch

adding insult to injury about the slow payout - you select withdraw - and then an inviting "Withdraw" button appears - which made it seem like I can confirm it myself - only that this "Withdraw" is a Cancel ...
    Hope its a translation issue - as both pools seem to have chinese roots

• admin

@eagle275 Yeah, it is a translation issue - and I made the same mistake .... 😉

• @haitch

Here's another question - I've noticed that my BHD mining has gaps in the covered "numbers" .. Is that due to dual mining or is that normal ? or just a possible configuration error on my side ?

for example I see "current mined block"

1    145919    2019-03-01 16:35:24
    2    145916    2019-03-01 16:14:59
    3    145901    2019-03-01 14:53:59
    4    145897    2019-03-01 14:16:19

this 1h21m "gap" between 2 and 3 makes me wonder what happened - it looks to me like I missed out 15 blocks

• admin

@eagle275 Yeah, that's not normal - there shouldn't be gaps. Internet outages? Any similar gaps in Burst mining ?

• @haitch
    nope.. burst mining I see every "height" number - some times with multiple nonces (up to 6 nonces per "height) ..
    at least in blago and scavenger ..

I'll keep looking, found different numbers for bhd when looking in the hd-miner
    there I see every "height" again with up to 6 and more mining results

Maybe in my above post it excluded too slow results which exceeded their deadline although they tell of a deadline of 100 000 000

• admin

@eagle275 post your miner.conf file with anything sensitive removed, I'll take a look.

You're using the Dual miner going to a Burst Pool and the HDProxy ?

• @haitch

no proxy .. hdminer and scavenger OR blago ..

miner.conf of HD Miner

{
    	"Mode" : "pool",
    	"Server" : "hdminer.hdpool.com",
    	"Port": 60100,

"UpdaterAddr" : "hdminer.hdpool.com",
    	"UpdaterPort": "60100",

"InfoAddr" : "localhost",
    	"InfoPort": "60100",

"EnableProxy": false,
    	"ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths": [
    		"D:\\Ablage\\QBundle2.5.0_final\\Plots",
    		"V:\\Ablage\\QBundle\\Plots",
    		"W:\\Ablage\\QBundle\\Plots",
    		"T:\\Ablage\\QBundle\\Plots",
    		"U:\\Ablage\\QBundle\\Plots",
    		"F:\\Ablage\\QBundle\\Plots"
    	],
    	"CacheSize" : 65536,
    	"CacheSize2" : 512000,

"Debug": true,
    	"UseHDDWakeUp": true,

"TargetDeadline": 1000000000,

"SendInterval": 100,
    	"UpdateInterval": 950,

"UseLog" : true, 
    	"ShowWinner" : false, 
    	"UseBoost" : false,

"WinSizeX": 76,
    	"WinSizeY": 60,

"POC2StartBlock":0,

"POC2StartBlock":0,

"LinkPoint": "hdminer.hdpool.com",
    	"MinerName": "beliar275",
    	"AccountKey": "for my eyes only ^^ "
    }

I'm waiting for the "Archon" tool you mentioned to be testing ... scavenger uses far less resources compared to blago and using it for both BHD and burst would be my favorite

• admin

@eagle275 Archon is available for beta testing now. Join the Discord at: https://discord.gg/ZdVbrMn

The guide has also been updated to cover configuring it.

• @haitch

uhm .. where do I start - I may have read that entire archon thing wrong ...
    Its making the whole process more complicated instead of simplifying it .. I had hoped I have now ONE TOOL to replace 2 .. now I have 4 tools ??? .. wtf ????

Please come again with ways to help - not complicate things

archon + scavenger + hdpool + hdproxy .- which I never wanted/needed ?

• admin

@eagle275

One instance of Blago/Scavenger for the actual mining of both coins
    One instance of Archon to manage the coin you're mining
    One instance of HDProxy to communicate with the HDPool - only required for HDPool mining

• @haitch

was able to resolve most issues together with the developer ...

• This is so cool @haitch Very nice job!